Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

[The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

[The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator Empty
PostSubject: [The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator   [The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Apparently a lot of you need this.

Here's how to become part of the Dark Matter Staff step by step.

1). Join the server.
2). Play on it, let everybody know you're on. Don't get on and printer farm by yourself in a corner like a lonely little troll. Say hi and bye when you get on/off. Talk to people, socialize, debate, whatever. Just don't offend anybody, etc.
3). Be active on the forums. The more active you are on the forums, the higher chance you'll have against others with posts around the 30s-40s. If you have over 200 forum posts and are active in-game, it's almost a guarantee, assuming you're not an asshole/post spam/etc.
4). Be patient. Asking when we're picking new staff just discourages us from setting a new date. We don't randomly pick staff whenever we want, it's based off a supply and demand ratio. More players on = more staff needed.
5). Don't assume getting 10 +supports means instant staff. That just QUALIFYS you to become one. Whoever has the most +supports will have the highest priority becoming staff.
6). Don't be boring. Stand out from the crowd, be active on the server in other ways than just playing on it. Try to organize events, lead big raids, start a fight club, whatever. Be a friend.

I missed a bunch of other steps, the rest is up to you.

Good luck, and good night.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

[The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator Empty
PostSubject: Re: [The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator   [The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:54 am

Continued...

How to gain +supports.

1). Ask people on the server to "check out" your application. I will elaborate more below.
2). Get +supports. There is a difference. Most people say "+support deserves admin/good player/blah blah blah <Insert bullshit here>" [We do NOT take these +supports into consideration at all, if there is little to no feedback on applications, we will assume you blackmailed them on the server or pressured them to +support you. If you said "Go +support my app on the forums" then people will give you a shitty +support. If they really cared and you cared, then you would get criticism and feedback. We want staff that can improve, not goody-two-shoes.]
3). Don't be anal about it. So what if you get staff, if you're a "good" player, your opinions will be weighed more heavily anyways, probably even more than ineffective staff. Trying to grab a staff position by any means tells us that you're a power hungry 12-year old kid who can't handle an ounce of responsibility. Now, we don't want you to be overly humble, we want you to take pride in your merits, but we also don't want arrogance.

More may be provided later.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com

[The Ultimate Guide] How to become Operator
Page 1 of 1