Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) Empty
PostSubject: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:15 am

This is the 1st chapter of the guide I am making for DarkMatter. In this rough draft, I discuss how to roleplay according to DarkMatter DarkRP. I am working on HL2RP and will further work on the Hl2Dark Hybrid server as details are released to me (which is odd since it's a lot of my suggestions....meh) Please point out anything you would like to see explained, things you're confused about, things you would like to see added. Please remember this is just the 1st chapter of the rough draft. I have the completed guide at 10,000 words with chapters and such.

Welcome to roleplaying 101
In this guide, I will teach you how to properly roleplay in DarkRP, then move onto the more serious HL2rp. After those two, I will try to make a guide for the Hybrid server, since this guide is being written before the server is up.  This is being made in 4-1-2014, so there are some rules that differ from the F4 menu of the server. I will add/change any rules that are either vague, missing, or have been more generally accepted.
YOUR CHARACTER
When in DarkRP, you are a character, you are not a job.  I won’t go into the details of how to make a character and backstory (unless you want me to) for I am a Creative Writing minor and that subject alone could take a few dozen pages. Basically, all you need is a Name, Breif Description, and a motive for what you do.  This does not need to be listed anywhere, just an idea in your head. If you want your character to be a gun-happy/ base building lunatic, then Godspeed you crazy kid. However, please operate in a fair way.
One huge part of roleplaying is community. The group needs to be on the same level of thought for Roleplay to be successful. I usually enforce the unspoken rule “If you are a hobo, you may only punch other hobos.”  I have said this because that usually why people go Hobo. There is a complete other side to this rule. You cannot punch other hobos if they do not want to be attacked. At that point, it is Random Death Match and you will be punished by a staff member. This could range from !jail to !kick, maybe worse depending on the day. Please be respectful of other players.  This, of course, can be countered by Abducting or Mugging, I will discuss that later though.
JOB SPECIFIC RULES.
There are 3 main factions in DarkRP: Civil Protection, Raiders, and Neutral.
NEUTRAL
Citizen: You are a basic member of society. You may own a house and build in there. It may not be a place with fading doors, but there may be printers. You may own a handgun for self defense, but you cannot Raid. You cannot counter raid or mug either.
Hobo: You may build shacks in the sidewalk and beg for money. People like to build cages and have fight clubs for money. This is allowed as long as the cage is not in the middle of the street and every hobo participating is willing to do so. You may not trap citizens in the cage and attack them. You may not own any guns. You may not raid. You may punch other people only in self-defense, but they must attack first. You cannot Counter raid or mug. However, you may not be mugged either. However, you may be abducted.
Parkour-Man: I will not lie, this job is made for trolling. You can fly around with the spiderman gun and latch onto people with it. However, even though it shares the hobo skin, it is not a hobo.  There are similar rules though. You may not own a handgun, you may not raid, may not counter raid, and may not mug.
Dealers: Yes, this is neutral, and there Is a reason for that. Unless you have a valid RolePlay reason, you must sell to everyone.  If you are an illegal gun dealer and you advertise “Come to me, I have illegal guns” It is not meta-game for a civil protection officer to show up with a warrant and arrest baton. Same applies if you have a textscreen. You can OOC your shop, but staff may find this annoying and tell you to be quiet.
CIVIL PROTECTION
Before I begin, let me start by saying that The Mayor is included in civil protection rules.
OVERVIEW (Rules all CP must follow)
You may not own any doors outside of PD, but you may build past the lobby. Same basing rules, 1 fading door, no materialized fences, no shooting in crouching tunnels.  You must advert why someone was arrested once the threat has been neutralized. (If there Is a group of people, take care of the group before advertising your actions) Do not walk around with your gun out, this is seen as a threat and you may be shot. Civil Protection may place hits using hitmen, however, if they are caught, they may be arrested or demoted from their job. You cannot search a place without a warrant. The command is /warrant [PLAYERNAME] [REASON] While the warrant is active, you can use the battering ram to unlock locked doors, knock down frozen props, and arrest someone in their own home. However, you must still follow NLR while warranting a player. If they killed you, you may not warrant them. However, if another CP witnessed your murder, they may place a warrant. If the warrant is requested before all CP witnesses are killed, it is valid. You may only go in the sewer if you have an immediate need there. You may not investigate.
QUARTERMASTER:
You may only sell to other Civil protection officials. You also must stay inside the Police Department at all times.  You are not to leave and enforce the law.
MAYOR:
You have a 5 minute timer to get your law board placed and get inside a fortified PD before people can start coming after you to kill you.  None of your laws can be player or job specific (i.e-Hobos are KOS/ PLAYERNAME is above the law), It is already implied that all Civil Protection officials are above the law. Your laws must be specific. (No-Anti-Civil actions are AOS/KOS; Yes- Jwalking is AOS, Weapon out is KOS, etc.) You must specify in your law that Gun Licenses are required if you chose to do so.
RAIDERS

THEIVES, TERRORISTS:
You may base with each other. I think everyone knows the rules of these two, so I will not go into detail
MAFIA:
Mafia may only base with other Mafia. The Godfather may only base with Mafia members.

GANGS:
The Yakuza and other gang tree is encouraged to base amongst themselves, however, they may base with Thieves and Terrorists as well.
UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
This is probably every raider’s dream when they donate. The Underground Society may base in the sewers, and may KOS any CP they see.  However, there are rules. You may not surface unless to specifically raid the CP.  You may only KOS CP that are firing at you or are present in the sewer.
CUSTOM CLASSES:
When the owner makes a custom class with you, you are given two options: CP or Raider. Whichever you chose, you must follow the very basic form of either CP or Raider. If your class is CP, you must follow the basic Civil Protection Officer rules and if you are a Raider, you must follow the rules of Thieves. However, there are some exceptions. A class may base with Underground Society, however, they must stay in the sewers and CP are KOS. The only way you may change factions is if the owner has officially given you the tools needed for the faction of your choice. If you have a medkit or lockpick, you may not base with the CP.  
BUILDING RULES
When building a base, there are a few things that you must keep in mind.
1-Only one fading door entrance.
This means that only one fading door can be used to enter or exit the building. This can be a trap door, regular door, etc. A fading door may be doubled up to prevent silent lockpicking, but it must be connected to a keypad that had a 6 second timer on it. The keypad must be easily seen and within an area where the time is fair to get through the door. This only applies to the entrance. You may use more fading doors for safes, but they must be accessible to anyone with a keypad cracker or lockpick.
2)-No Materialized Fences.
If you can shoot through it, it shouldn’t be materialized. If you cannot shoot through it, it can be.
3) A fading door cannot be stacked against a regular door.
If you want to put a fading door as close as you can to the door, there must be enough room for a player to stand between the regular door and fading door. This prevents the person being raided to just shut and lock the door while they are trying to get past the fading door.
4) A building sign
If you want some time to start building your base, you may put a textscreen up that says “BUILDING”. There are some strings attached to doing this though. If a parkour man flies into your base and all you have is a building sign, all you can do is ask him to leave. If he wants to be annoying, he doesn’t have to leave.  If you put a KOS sign, it will negate your building sign and your base can be raided. If you have printers, weapons, or ammo; you can be raided.
RAIDING RUES
Yes, there are rules for raiding.
You do not have to advertise raids
You have to advertise counter raids.
If the defender of the base surrenders, you may not shoot them. Take them captive.
If you want to give support from a sniper outside the base, you must have at least 1 other member from your group inside.
You must have a valid reason for raiding-
Killing a Person of Interest (Mayor, Godfather)
Looting
Any other rules can be found in the F4 tab. If you have any questions, please don’t assume. Ask an admin using @

Punishment
This is a hard section to write since everyone has their own way of dealing with punishment. However, I will compile the most used punishments (I have witnessed) for crime
NLR x1-Admin Sit
NLR x2-Kick
NLR x3-Ban (non perm)
RDM x1-Admin Sit
RDM x2-Kick, Demotion
RDM x3-Ban (non perm)
Admin Disrespect-Kick
False Demotion-Kick, Job Ban
FailRP-Kick, Job Demotion
FailRP x3+ - Job Ban
DDOS threats-permaban
Disrespect towards other players-Jail (up to 10 mins), kick
Racist Comments-Kick, Gag, Mute
Prop-flying-Kick, Ban(non perm)
Prop Killing (provided it’s verified not a mistake)-ban (non-perm), ban(perm)
Arguing with an admin- Kick
Arguing with an admin x2+ - Ban (non-perm)
Mic-Spamming – Jail, Mute
Chat Spam – Jail, Gag
Death Threats/Bullying – Perma Ban with no chance of appeal.
These are all punishments that I have witnessed and think are fair to the crime. Every punishment has been used regularly by either me or someone I am familiar with on staff.
HL2 RP
This is where the fun is.HL2RP is a serious rp gametype. There is much more emphasis on text-based chat than actual player actions. I will discuss it further.

----------------------------PLACEHOLDER-------------------------

Last edited by Psyche on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 am

This formatting looks nothing like it does in Word. It's so pretty there with indents, bold, colors. Bleh...Just focus on the words in this one, please.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
Mubbey
Operator

PostSubject: Re: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Damn, this is crazy o.o
Back to top Go down
Fatlessmoon
Operator
Fatlessmoon

PostSubject: Re: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Omg, this was so needed Phyche. Now nobody can say they didn't know how to play DarkRP, I'm just going to tell them to look at this from now on.
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 pm

I'll just delete my thing...
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
scratchyentree6
Founder
scratchyentree6

PostSubject: Re: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Great job Psyche. Read the whole thing. You should post more of these types of guides! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)   ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROLEPLAYING GUIDE (Rough Draft)
Page 1 of 1