Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Operator advice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blasterdud97

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:44 pm

I've been on this server for whoever knows how long, and people have been coming up to me and asking me if I am part of the staff, mostly because I see two people fighting over some small issue and I bring in whatever server rules I know to settle the issue. I was asked I believe 3 times yesterday (when I was going around with 7 police members and I was a mayor) if I was part of staff. So I figured, why not try out for it? I'm a VIP so far, and I've read through the application requirements. It's a grey at server, and the staff is great. I'm not looking for any big-shot Admin/Moderator jobs, just looking to solve small issues. Not looking for fame, just looking to help in any way I can and still mostly RP.

Any advice as to how to make myself more ready for that application?
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Hmmm, essentially we're looking for people who put in effort into their applications. People that use incorrect grammar, misspell words, or just have incomplete/utterly retarded sentence structures are looked down upon by the higher staff. We're looking for dedicated, knowledgeable and trustworthy staff. Honesty will get you far. I would rather have a shitty honest admin rather than a popular selfish admin. An Admin that has the guts to come up to the owner and confess to his mistakes and takes the punishment like a man will most certainly soar through the ranks. And if they learn from their mistakes, that would just be the icing on the cake.

As far as the application advice, besides what I already said, just be more active on the forums. Take hieupham1999 for example, he has like 20 forum posts. The one thing we value most is the forums. Because even though if the server goes down or whatever, the forum and it's people can come together and do things. Like, play another game, talk about problems/issues, socialize, make friends, everything. That is our goal. And anyone that helps us achieve that goal, mainly by being active on here, are always recognized by staff members and others on the server.

There's so much more, but this is all I have time to type.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
I am the nightmare
Administrator
I am the nightmare

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:10 pm

My advice is to do the best you can staff wise and normal person. Just do your best thats all we can ask for and if you need help don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
blasterdud97

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:31 pm

So when I throw in the application, It's going to look something like:

Steam Name
In Game Name (which for me is the same)
Use Microphone
Times banned (which I believe none, I've been kicked once or twice I think

And then what? Just background history?
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:38 pm

The format is in a topic, just copy/paste then fill in the information. Make sure to read the admin policy...it's quite important...
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
neekoless
Super Admin
neekoless

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 pm

My advice for putting in an application is actually think about it and be honest because being a new operator isnt a bad thing we all were there at one point. If you do become on which i think would be likely we will let the community decide the other admins such as me will show you the ropes and tell you the commands. We arnt scary i hope so dont be scared to ask for help on what do to happy rping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Advice from me can be scary and can get you in alot of trouble. But ill say this though just be yourself and have a god time with those around you. Take me for example im a total dick and everyone loves me (minus neek and Snackk they yell at me alot <.<).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Operator advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator advice?   Operator advice? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operator advice?
Page 1 of 1