Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Operator Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

Operator Help Empty
PostSubject: Operator Help   Operator Help I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 pm

First of all I would like to apologize for not being as active on the forums as I used to be. It kind of blew up recently with people who could contribute more and such, but here I am. 

You might have noticed that when I deal with admins sits, I tend to have a favorite way to deal with rule breakers and such: throwing them up in the air and letting them fall and/or jailing them until they leave the server. I throw them up to mess with them but usually talk with them before and after. I know this may seem like abuse, but I do it to people who cause trouble. I usually jail until people leave because I feel like kicking or slaying or jailing for 60 seconds won't do stop them. Usually it might... But back then it only gave them more fuel to their fire. So I jail until they leave so they don't get to have the attention, can't continue to break rules, have time to think about what they are doing, (I will even tell them they can retread the rules and if they like the server they can play normal or leave.) and get bored and leave. If they come back and play normal, good for them. If they come back and continue to break rules, I jail them again.

I was wondering if you guys (preferably staff) to tell me if this is wrong, how I can deal with them better or what can I do to make dealing with trollers mostly more effective. I am trying to be less lax, but as you know, I am anti propabuse to the max. So I don't take lightly to propabusers of any kind.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
DGSVith
Dedicated Member
DGSVith

Operator Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator Help   Operator Help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:30 am

Do it like in order, because I remember when it was you me and scratchy on the server only and you kicked us both for spawning in props..

1st: Warning (slap on the butt, and a lollipop)
2nd: Admin sit, explain rules and warn him of next time.(slap in butt..no candy)
3rd: Short talk, Jail the convict*
4th: kick

These are based in how well the accused communicates with you, if they do not listen/attempt to leave you may take you own action.

*jail time depending on extremity of crime
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dangamingstudios
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

Operator Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator Help   Operator Help I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:36 am

Leaving them in a jail cell is not really a good thing to do. Jails are usually used to stop them fron shooting, running away, etc. Otherwise, they can just Alt-Tab to YouTube for a few mins or DC and you'll be none the wiser if you are out and about doing something else.
I understand your concern with wanting to avoid to kick people. What I used to do was Admin Sit with the person who called for Admin Help and the Suspect, after hearing the story, i would tell the suspect that I would keep an eye on him and that no punishment will be given at that time. Now, this will make a lot of people angry with you. I've had people spread around that I allow RDM and NLR under these same circumstances. It's good that you want to keep as many people on the server as possible, but there comes a time when you have to do it because there are people who will RDM, Prop Kill, and abuse basing, and they know how to get around you. I've played with those kind of people, I've even been that type of person. I was able to prop-kill over 100 people in the course of two hours during a stream because I know how to out-smart staff. Watch LostInPlace or MontgomeryBurns to see what I mean.
You can be the nice admin that never kicks and takes your time with every person to explain everything in hopes of changing them, but this will lead to:
1) No roleplaying time. After building up that reputation, people will PM you to help with admin situations and even message you when you are playing a totally different game.
2) People will hate you. If you're the only admin on the server and you are taking your sweet time with everyone, people will call you lazy and a bad admin.
Yes, you are there to help the players, that is what you signed up for when you became an Operator. However, if and when people start to /pm you for admin help, you need to tell them to use "@".
Try to find some balance. That's pretty much all my advice. However, look where I am now. xD So maybe get another reference.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

Operator Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator Help   Operator Help I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:01 am

Psyches, thank you so much, I will keep all of this in mind. Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Sponsored content

Operator Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operator Help   Operator Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operator Help
Page 1 of 1