Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

New Server Printers

Go down 
+12
xRAYZ3Rx
mathewsoncc
IonNova
_Genesis
SystemChips
Cosmo
Donaghy
assassin (noah)
hieupham1999
Nisrous
Blade221
FunK
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Add Custom Printers?
Yes
New Server Printers I_vote_lcap88%New Server Printers I_vote_rcap
 88% [ 7 ]
No
New Server Printers I_vote_lcap0%New Server Printers I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe Later
New Server Printers I_vote_lcap12%New Server Printers I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

New Server Printers Empty
PostSubject: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:15 am

Alright, I just figured out my error in the old money printers. Should I make some extra extreme risky printers for those of us who will be feeling dangerous?

I need feedback on the printers to create, what should the price range for these be? $1,000,000? $500,000?

NO THEY WILL NOT BE DONATOR ONLY
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Blade221
Gold VIP
Blade221

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:57 am

Million dollar printers would be amazing, it would be like defending the holy grail, or trying to steal it  Twisted Evil 
From another point of view though, they might cause everyone to turtle up and do nothing but sit in their base and stare at it as if it were the ring from LOTR and they were Smeagol
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:04 am

The only way I can think of balancing the economy with these printers is by only enabling them during special Printer Booster Events. It will only last for a day or two, and the fact that they're higher risk printers (Higher overheat chance). It should be balanced (Assuming nobody bug/glitch abuses and pockets burning printers).
Back to top Go down
Nisrous
VIP
Nisrous

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:07 pm

i would find it the opposite, were the printers would have a lower chance to catch fire. they do cost u a fortune and some peoples (like myself) printers normally catch fire just after we place them
Back to top Go down
hieupham1999
Super Admin
hieupham1999

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Million dollar printers would be the best thing ever. I would be farming soo hard then after all of that hard work. im going to be swimming in cash.
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com
assassin (noah)
User
assassin (noah)

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Million dollar printers would be a good investment for most player's and the Raider's would love you for the new printers.
Back to top Go down
Donaghy
Operator
Donaghy

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:34 pm

There could be a 500k one which prints faster than the 1mill but it has less of a chance to explode but creates more noise, whereas the 1mil would be loud, print slower than normal printers and explode quite easily, I think there should also be an option for printer coolers or printer overclockers [seen on a few servers and they can be quite good to have Smile]
Back to top Go down
http://3rdmd.net/
assassin (noah)
User
assassin (noah)

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Donaghy I agree that would be a good thing to have.
Back to top Go down
Cosmo
Administrator
Cosmo

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm

Yea Donaghy That Sounds EPIC
Back to top Go down
hieupham1999
Super Admin
hieupham1999

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:14 pm

I can already smell the inflation XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 am

Yeah, once you get higher up in money the less valuable emerald printers get. So definitely agreed
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 am

Soon, Sapphires will be just like topaz trash for us donators Wink
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:48 am

I won't be making any more Donator printers. These printers will be available for everyone. Or maybe just active. Haven't decided yet. I dunno. Can't think right now. All nighter too OP
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:16 pm

I like the Active idea. New guys wont have a million for a while anyways... hell... I am barely keeping a million...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Active Printers? What does that mean? You can turn it off and on? I don't see the point of that.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Active is a rank on the server. It is given to those with 100 forum posts on the forums (As of recent changes). VIP already get the active rank.
Back to top Go down
mathewsoncc
User
mathewsoncc

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:07 am

You should change it so that not everyone can pocket printers. Just thieves, gangsters, mobboss, and vip jobs. By that i mean add a special pocket because ive noticed people when the printers catch on fire just pocket them and theyre fine.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:11 am

Yeah, that's called bug abuse. We're going to start cracking down on abusers and they will be punished.

Crap, that was supposed to be a secret...don't tell anyone.
Back to top Go down
mathewsoncc
User
mathewsoncc

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:15 am

Lol yah no worries ive been bitchin to admins for days cause people have been taking them when i raid their base. They basically just change job and pocket all their shit. It annoys the fuck outa me so i kinda made it a mission to seek and destroy those people. Oh and also i think you should make them stay on after people disconnect. Quite a few ragers just dip after thier bases get raided and its annoying if they dont have any weps lying around since you just end up with nothing but a loss of health.
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:30 am

Snackk wrote:
Yeah, that's called bug abuse. We're going to start cracking down on abusers and they will be punished.

Crap, that was supposed to be a secret...don't tell anyone.
So we aren't allowed to pocket printers? We are supposed to use gravity gun? And when they are in fire, we can't pocket them to stop it? Another thing that I have done and others do is pocket them and unlocked to make them stop making noise.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:35 am

1. Pocketing burning printers makes them invincible - bug abuse.
2. You are allowed to pocket printers.
3. You can type stopsound in console to stop the printer sounds, so no need to pocket them.
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:18 pm

I get the fact you dont want invincible printers.... but currently there is no way to stop a printer on fire... which is kinda irking... Maybe a different printer plugin? One with shit to make it stop catching on fire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Agreed, I prefer printers not catching on fire at all. And pocketing is against the rules than there should definitely be another way
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 pm

We don't want to overcomplicate the server. Adding printer coolers/etc equals more crap people have to download. There also has to be buffers to regulate the economy. We don't want players having too much money, as money equals power.

I'm sure we can all agree to have burning printers rather than a 4% tax on your WALLET every hour.

The choice is yours.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:22 pm

NO! 4% tax is too OP. especially when the governments only goig to use it to find new ways to shove its finger up its ass. stick to burning printers....

unless there was a class that could receive a portion said tax, like the gov banker. and potentially government job would pay a deduced amount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Server Printers   New Server Printers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Server Printers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next