View previous topic View next topic Go down 

New Server?
WarRP
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Medieval DarkRP
60%
 60% [ 9 ]
Neither (Just stick with 1 DarkRP server)
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Other (Please specify below)
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: New Server?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Alright, we're thinking of creating a new server. This server will start off with 20 slots until we can make enough donations to support that server for a longer period of time. It will most likely start up during/after Spring Break (Mid April).

We can run any DarkRP based server, the one we're currently developing is WarRP. The one we want to switch to is Medieval DarkRP. But we can do whatever, like Space DarkRP, Halo DarkRP, Star Wars DarkRP, whatever.

WarRP - Basically just a giant "RDM" fest (Team Death Match) where it's Cops vs Criminals and there's Neutral jobs stuck in between. Cops can KOS Criminals and visa versa.

Medieval DarkRP - Basically the server with an epic Medieval map with castles and towns and stuffs. So instead of like Civil Protection and whatnot we'll have Vikings, Pirates, Knights, Kings, etc. All fighting will be with bows/swords/axes/badass shit.

If you do choose other, please reply below with your suggestion and a brief explanation of what it is.

WE ARE NOT CHANGING THE CURRENT DARKRP SERVER. THIS IS A NEW ADDITIONAL SERVER!

Last edited by Snackk on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Cosmo
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Sounds Awesome To Me Sometimes When I Get Raided I Wish There Was A Server I Could Mass RDM On Very Happy Great Idea All Around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blade221
Gold VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Medieval Rp for the win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nisrous
VIP

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 pm

MEDIEVAL!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donaghy
Operator

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:49 am

Have to agree with everyone else Medieval RP would be awesome since In my opinion you can kinda get a lot more creative and fun than compared to Warrp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://3rdmd.net/
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:51 am

We're going to need 20+ votes for an option and at least a 90% agreement before we start any development.

The sooner we start, the sooner we can get the server up. So get everyone to vote!
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Played medieval, it was horribly glitchy and boring. No way of building in an RP way, half of the jobs were useless.it could have just beena shifty server. But dunno. I'm voting for WarRP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hieupham1999
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:51 pm

how would we "print" money in the medievalrp??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.instagram.com
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 pm

_Genesis wrote:
Played medieval, it was horribly glitchy and boring. No way of building in an RP way, half of the jobs were useless.it could have just beena shifty server. But dunno.  I'm voting for WarRP.

Was it like Dark Ages RP or something?

hieupham1999 wrote:
how would we "print" money in the medievalrp??

"Printing" money will be replaced with "gathering" money from "Resource Piles" instead of "Money Printers". The currency would be changed from $ (Dollars) to © (Coins or Gold).

Also, I have planned out an epic Admin Mission system where Admins will assign FPS-style missions to players. This will also provide a large boost of income. For example, an Admin gives a mission to a group of rogues to attack and steal a certain prop inside a building while at the same time the Admin gives a "Defend this place" mission to the Town Watch/Footmen/Royal Knights. There will be PLENTY of random events, ranging from Viking Invasions, Pirate Attacks, The Undead rising under the Black Mage, uprisings of the serfs/peasants, etc. I've got plenty of cool stuff to add to a Medieval RP server if we do decide to do it. Also, assuming we can fund it for a long period of time and maintain it. I can elaborate later if you're interested. I'll give a sneak peek to what we're planning for Medieval RP.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Note: This new server WILL NOT replace the current one. This is an ADDITIONAL server. However, Staff positions and Donation perks will NOT transfer over unless for special exceptions/purposes.
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:44 am

What about that Terraria server idea we talked about during Christmas break? Or was that blessfull thinking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:57 am

We're Gmod based. Not like it's Dark Matter Terraria RP. Those servers are minor and donation money will not and cannot be spent on those. NFO servers do not host Terraria servers, so it's impossible for us to host a Terraria server, and it's not in our best interest to do so.

These servers are actually possible obtainable goals while those other servers are meant to be discussed and organized via Other Game Discussion.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:02 am

Dat Star Wars RP doe....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorren

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am

MEDIEVAL BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Starting development of the Medieval DarkRP. If you would like to join, well...probably can't because it's hosted off of my computer on the West Coast. Anyone past Colorado will probably have major connection issues.

To those that will not be able to join and check out the server in development, here's a sneak peak to what we're planning in the background.

Long ago, in a small kingdom, the barbaric hordes of Vikings/Barbarians and the robust fleets of Pirates eye a small town guarded only by a lone castle. Wilderness stretches across the map, with unexplored ravines, untouched forests, and lost forgotten shrines to Gods of long ago. You, as a peasant, are expendable. However, rise to a Royal Knight or The Black Mage, and nobody will look at you funny again. It's your choice to your path.

In addition, we will now start a topic regarding the Medieval DarkRP server development. We aim to be very open to the public. Any questions/feedback/comments please post on that thread now if you want to talk about Medieval DarkRP.

The poll will remain open. We have made a backup of the WarRP server. But as for right now, until we finish the Medieval DarkRP server, we can still change it. Once we finish this server or reach 20 votes for Medieval DarkRP, then it will be permanent.
Back to top Go down
mimcczr1
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

I'll be honest, when I originally voted I was kind of against the idea of a medieval DarkRP, but I'm coming round to the idea when the admin mission system feature was mentioned. I think there's a fantastic amount of fun and RPing to be done with that, if it's implemented correctly. I'd be wary of it though, as it may just become an RDM slaughterfest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veedohhx
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Well the best answer about that is, a staff member will be on to take care of it if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunK
Premium Member

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:42 pm

It's also quite hard to "RDM" with melee weapons since the bows suck...A LOT. We will be modifying the gamemode to implement our combat system which will make RDM quite difficult. More will be discussed later, thanks for your interest/concern. I will make sure to take steps to avoid a RDM slaughter-fest.
Back to top Go down
assassin (noah)
User

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Medieval DarkRP has my vote
Back to top Go down
View user profile
assassin (noah)
User

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:09 pm

how do i vote?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chicken4676
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:53 pm

I have a idea for the "money income" for medival! 1. Maybe we could have a beer barrel or (keg).
2. farmer: Be able to buy weed pots and weed seeds and plant them. The only job allowed to grow this crop legally
3. Jester: Like the hobo king has (extremely funny sound's when commanded).
May be hired for anyone but leans toward the government side or King's and Queen's side  Razz 

Just a few ideas cant wait to see and hear about the progress this will come with and maybe some challenges but hopefully nothing major and we can see this server up in the near future thank you for reading this

"chicken cooking and out"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Server?   

Back to top Go down

New Server?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Matter RP :: News and Information :: News/Updates-
Jump to: