Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

The Lights tool and RT cameras

Go down 
+3
Fatlessmoon
FunK
MasterDovakiin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterDovakiin
Founder
MasterDovakiin

The Lights tool and RT cameras Empty
PostSubject: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Maybe for VIP only, I really want to be able to see my camera in the corner of my screen instead of having to check it every five seconds, and the lights would add a fun cosmetic to bases, if you only give it to VIPs then it might keep spam and abuse really low.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:03 pm

When I gave it to my 2 admins there was abuse. Giving it to the 40 VIPs would be hell.

As for the RT camera, dunno how to do that, I forgot. But people have set something like up.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
MasterDovakiin
Founder
MasterDovakiin

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah I understand, with the RT camera all I really wanted is to be able to see it in the corner at all times so I dont have to check it every second.
Back to top Go down
Fatlessmoon
Operator
Fatlessmoon

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:22 pm

I think the rt camera is a really good idea, it will take away some of the stress of having to look at your camera's all the time. You could just have a monitoring room setup and look through your camera's that way.
Back to top Go down
adalmeida9
adalmeida9

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:57 pm

Rt cameras sounds like a great idea. Awesome roleplay with a control room and stuff. Also makes ya feel like a badass...
Back to top Go down
neekoless
Super Admin
neekoless

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:08 am

RT cameras seem like they would be too op because then your always watching your base and no one can sneak by or anything it makes bases just that much more hard to raid.
Back to top Go down
adalmeida9
adalmeida9

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:28 am

Well, I don't like the whole idea of it necessarily being in your screen along with the gameplay...but just like a control room sorta deal.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:41 am

Well, you can view the RT Cameras via your toolgun, so yeah it'll be like a mobile security camera.

If we were to allow RT Cameras then we would have to allow some system to block or counter cameras. We could allow the blockage of cameras if we did do RT Cameras. It'll help ease the problem, but it won't completely balance it. It'll alert the owners that someone is raiding, but they won't have any other info.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 12:44 pm

I don't do any advanced coding nor modding, but we could incorporate it into RP buy making it something you have to buy. call it google glass or some shit like that and then have access to it on the side until you die
Back to top Go down
MasterDovakiin
Founder
MasterDovakiin

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Yeah having the camera screen on a T.V. or something in like a control room would still make it pretty fair and add a security feel for RP.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:45 pm

But let's be honest. People aren't going to do that unless they really want to. The majority of players will use the toolgun with RT Cameras.
Back to top Go down
mimcczr1
Head Admin
mimcczr1

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Does that mean it's impossible to remove screen on the toolgun completely?
Back to top Go down
MasterDovakiin
Founder
MasterDovakiin

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah, If you can remove being able to see it like that then the control room will really make a fun RP feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lights tool and RT cameras   The Lights tool and RT cameras I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lights tool and RT cameras
Page 1 of 1