Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

The Stacker Tool

Go down 
5 posters

Would You Like to See the Stacker Tool on the Server?
Yes, I would
The Stacker Tool I_vote_lcap56%The Stacker Tool I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
No, I wouldn't
The Stacker Tool I_vote_lcap44%The Stacker Tool I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Gimmicky
User

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:14 pm

-------------------   Through all my days playing DarkRP I have learned that base building is almost essential for a successful day in basing. One necessity for creating a great base is something called the Stacker Tool. Imagine making a large platform, think of how long it takes to get it perfect. I mean, sure, you could use the Easy Weld tool a couple hundred times but just imagine using the stacker tool a few times and create something just as great, and most likely better. Everyone would benefit one way or another from using a tool such as this, so I pose this question to you, why wouldn't you add in the stacker tool? Think about the great things we could all gain from such a mundane tool!  Wink 

---Gimmïçky✡️☦️---
Back to top Go down
SuperMan
Founder
SuperMan

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Agree! Base building is SUCH a pain without it... with this, put down one prop and boom, you got a good base
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:26 pm

https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/t247-server-idea-update-suggestion
Been discussed. I wanted it, but was talked out of it due to reports that it is easy to crash the server. Hate to sound rude, but you can live without it. You can get pretty good results with precision and if needed, just no collide the props. You get to be a better builder if you can build a beautiful flat platform by hand.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Gimmicky
User

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:58 pm

xRAYZ3Rx wrote:
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/t247-server-idea-update-suggestion
Been discussed. I wanted it, but was talked out of it due to reports that it is easy to crash the server. Hate to sound rude, but you can live without it. You can get pretty good results with precision and if needed, just no collide the props. You get to be a better builder if you can build a beautiful flat platform by hand.

That makes sense, It's just a compromise. If it's too hard a task then perhaps it shouldn't be considered.
Back to top Go down
mimcczr1
Head Admin
mimcczr1

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Well... In that vein of thinking, it's too hard to properly implement the stacker tool, so it shouldn't be considered.

I get what you're saying, but I've never once seen a need for it. People build very strong bases without it.

And on the note of crashes, it really is a huge crash risk. Someone can come on, spam a prop using the stacker tool, then the server crashes, then you come here and complain bitterly that the server's been crashing too much lately.
No matter what's done on the server, someone will have a problem with it. Why fix what isn't broken?
Back to top Go down
Gimmicky
User

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

mimcczr1 wrote:
Well... In that vein of thinking, it's too hard to properly implement the stacker tool, so it shouldn't be considered.

I get what you're saying, but I've never once seen a need for it. People build very strong bases without it.

And on the note of crashes, it really is a huge crash risk. Someone can come on, spam a prop using the stacker tool, then the server crashes, then you come here and complain bitterly that the server's been crashing too much lately.
No matter what's done on the server, someone will have a problem with it. Why fix what isn't broken?

I like your thought pattern and it makes total sense. This is a popular server too so many people could spam the prop. It happened alot on one of the servers I played on too. I just love the conviency of it. I have a compromise though. What if you could make it so said group could use the stacker tool. Like VIP or trusted players?

Back to top Go down
mimcczr1
Head Admin
mimcczr1

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Then you run the risk of literally everyone who doesn't have it begging for it non-stop.
Back to top Go down
Gimmicky
User

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Those kinds of people don't read the forums much. If only there was a simple way
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Gimmicky, I get what you are saying. But it hasn't been a huge complaint, and people deal with it. Right now the server is experiencing random crashes, so we are trying to find out how to find the source of the problem and fix it. So the random crashes and random fire dealing damage to players AND people crashing the server by abusing or exploiting the stacker tool won't help the server any more.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:26 pm

I actually think the random fire damage is from the drug mod. This is because if you take too many drugs you'll actually burn to death. And there could be a glitch somewhere. Doesn't help that there's always a bunch of drugs everywhere on the street, specifically asprin.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Hmmm... Interesting... Do we have the normal Drug Mod? Because I know there is a reduced version of that means anything?
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Pretty sure we have the normal one since it's the most popular of them all.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Sponsored content

The Stacker Tool Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stacker Tool   The Stacker Tool I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stacker Tool
Page 1 of 1