Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

The future of Dark Matter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

The future of Dark Matter? Empty
PostSubject: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 am

No, the server is not closing down for those of you who are paranoid. Rather, this is what we plan to do in the following weeks.
Here is a list of things we plan to accomplish, in order of priority.

1. Start up and purchase a 40 slot server. This server will be EXACTLY the same as the server right now, maybe a different map. Otherwise it will be EXACTLY the same. Donations/staff positions will transfer over. Why are we doing this you may ask? Let's just say we have a lot of money and want to expand the server. Also, there's a catch. On this new server based in the East Coast (Atlanta), there will NOT be any custom jobs on this server. We wanted to level the playing field a little, and felt that this would be the best way to do it. Also, money will NOT be transferred over, so it'll be a fresh start to everybody who wants to play on it. We may set the starting money to $100,000 for the first week as a reward/incentive for people to get a jump start on this new server. This will probably be set up and running in the coming weeks so stay tuned.

2. Develop/finish/release Half Life 2 DarkRP. A hybrid of serious Half Life 2 RP and semi-serious DarkRP. Will most likely be a 18-24 slot server based in central US, most likely Dallas again. Donations/Staff positions will NOT transfer over with some exceptions. More information can be given upon request, but I haven't had time to develop it. Probably will work on it a bunch during Spring Break.

3. Plan out/start a Dark Matter Minecraft server. This is just because...well, nothing better to do. It'll be a 12 slot private/whitelisted server that only people with the active rank can apply on our forums to join. It'll be a 100% pure and legit vanilla server. The purpose of this is to give a laid back hangout place for players to express their creativity and just have fun. Everything will be legal, but please try not to jack crap up. More information will be given later. This server will most likely be up and running around Spring Break as well.

4. New staff members! Yes, with all these new servers, there will be a greater demand for staff members! We will be picking/promoting quite a bunch of players, so gather your supports and tally them up! NOTE: supports with NO reason or with a lacking reason will NOT be counted. Supports without the correct coloring will result in a 1/3 support penalty for each support without color excluding -supports. For example, Snackk has 12 +supports, but all of them do not have the correct color or no color at all. Snackk will then be penalized and have a total of 8 +supports instead of his 12, thereby disqualifying him because he has less than 10 +supports.
*NOTE: This post will also serve as a warning to current staff to be active.

5. New maps! We will be changing the map on April 1st for the month. We will now be having monthly map changes! You can start a vote for a new map if you are dissatisfied with the map we have chosen. For the month of April we will be changing to rp_bangclaw.

6. Bug fixes. Mainly, first the addon playermodel pack errors. The addon was taken off the workshop so we have to figure out how to reupload it so we can get the playermodels back. If anyone would like to volunteer to reupload the addon, pm me. Next bug is the random crashes. Still have no freaken clue what the hell is causing them/etc.

The current Donations situation. We are fixing the link for donations. For the time being, we can only accept Visa Prepaid gift cards, such as Vanilla One, etc. Just...a prepaid no strings attached visa card. Pm me on the forums if you want to donate now using this method. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until we can get a new donation link.

Any questions/comments please reply below.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 11:21 pm

In addition, I will start to provide feedback on staff applications upon being specifically requested. I will not go around posting random feedback. I will be brutally honest, so this option will most likely not work to your benefit. I will point out your flaws flat out so you can hopefully improve your character and person in general. I'm sure our staff will also provide some honest feedback/suggestions as well.

Thank you for your interest in helping out Dark Matter!
Back to top Go down
Fatlessmoon
Operator
Fatlessmoon

PostSubject: Server Updates   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm

The only problem I have with the new updates is the subject regarding Custom Classes. I fell that everyone who donated has the opportunity to be more equipped than the other players on the server. It gives us a edge over other players, and it is a big reason people want to donate, like myself. If you feel the same way please support me in this so Snackk may change his mind.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:18 pm

What do you mean? We're going to have TWO servers, one WITH custom classes, one WITHOUT. What's wrong with that? If you want to play with your custom class, go on the server with custom classes. If you want to chill with people that don't have more equipment than you, go on the server without custom classes.
Back to top Go down
Fatlessmoon
Operator
Fatlessmoon

PostSubject: The Future of DarkRP?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Yes I know that one server WILL have custom classes and one WON'T have custom classes. But I'm just saying that some people only play on one of those 2 servers, but now that you say that I do agree with the one server with and on without idea.
Back to top Go down
NxtGenPyro
NxtGenPyro

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 pm

This seems pointless I'm sorry but it does , it divides the community greatly and sounds like a bad idea. Don't just do things because you can Snackk.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 pm

It's a risky deal, and it's a risk we're willing to take. We know that it could divide our community, but we also know that if it works, we can build up an extra community. So it's an all or nothing situation.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:53 pm

I love having risky hands in a card game. I say, all in.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:34 am

Update: Hopefully this weekend we will have the new server up and running.

We REALLY need someone to help reupload the playermodel pack addon to the workshop to fix the error signs.

Also, on the new server, since there will not be any custom jobs, we will make the new cool guns available through the Black Market Dealer.
Back to top Go down
NxtGenPyro
NxtGenPyro

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:45 am

Snackk wrote:
Update: Hopefully this weekend we will have the new server up and running.

We REALLY need someone to help reupload the playermodel pack addon to the workshop to fix the error signs.

Also, on the new server, since there will not be any custom jobs, we will make the new cool guns available through the Black Market Dealer.

SIGN ME UP! I LOVE BMD!
Back to top Go down
DGSVith
Dedicated Member
DGSVith

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Good it would be great to have more, the amount of people that gets on is crazy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dangamingstudios
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future of Dark Matter?   The future of Dark Matter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The future of Dark Matter?
Page 1 of 1