Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

ATM's and npc's for the server

Go down 
+7
nelluc20
Veedohhx
Psyche
Briz
FunK
neekoless
TGolinar27
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TGolinar27
TGolinar27

ATM's and npc's for the server Empty
PostSubject: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:35 pm

We should add atm's around the map and also npc's around the map. The npc's would allow you to sell drugs to them buy permanant weapons,and buy cars.
Back to top Go down
neekoless
Super Admin
neekoless

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:08 pm

If we are gonna put cars in we would probably need a bigger map and they would be expensive also they can lag the server so we would have to think about implementing it in on the subject of atms we will have to research, talk, and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
TGolinar27
TGolinar27

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Alright
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:34 pm

I love the idea about the NPC. ATMs are wayyy too overpowered though. We may decide to add one in in the future. But for now, we're going to try to finish and develop the server a bit more.

As for NPCs, there's a script we can buy for like $7.50 off of a website. It allows a NPC weapons dealer that people can actually rob. Yesh, you can rob the NPC weapons dealer and also buy epic guns from him. Sadly, I can't use the server donation funds for this and I need a debit/credit card. So...yeah...outta luck there.

Very good ideas +support
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Briz
Briz

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:36 pm

holy bawls this is an awesome idea, though atm ares a bit abusable. I like the npc idea though have them in shops selling guns and stuff. If we could make a custom ATM machine that would be awesome. +support
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm

A nice NPC would be the Civil Protection Test. I've seen it on a few servers and it usually works out quite well. It is 10-20 questions about the SERVER rules. (NLR, AOS, KOS, etc.) If you fail, you must wait a while (usually 2 hours) before re-taking. Once taken, you have access to all CP jobs. Maybe the same could be applied to Hitman (ex. A person that recently died can place a hit (y/n))
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Hmmm, if there was an addon for that then we would look into it. But our RPG progress system generally rewards those who've been good CP. A bad peacekeeper usually isn't going to make it to SWAT, and etc.
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Only thing about that is people just say yes to every vote and dont look to see who it is and if they are bad or not.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Alright, I'll talk to our Development Team about writing the code for that.

Hey Snackk, can you make this..
No
Okay bai
*End of conversation*

Sorry guys, I just got shut down. Looks like we aren't adding that in any time soon.
Back to top Go down
nelluc20
Founder
nelluc20

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:18 am

These would be cool but id think they would cause a fair amount of lag during peak hours.
Back to top Go down
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

I agree with Neeko, cars would cause too much lag, and the current map is too small for that *COUGHCHANGEMAPTOBANGCLAWCOUGH*.

Other than that, I haven't seen any ATM's on a server before, but everyone's saying you can abuse them... sooo... LOLIDK.

I like the idea's of NPC's though. Kakairen suggested the CP Test? I would like that, if the mayor could change the questions to his laws.

I think that if you want to become an Admin, you must take a test on server rules. It has to be done in a certain amount of time, so theres limited looking at the rules.
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:34 pm

ATM's aren't a good source of money. Sure you get money for putting money into them, but that is SO op.. Even with a 2% interest You can make like 20 mil overnight depending on your bank account. But  people can spam ATM hackers and rape your bank account too.. So it's indifferent. If you're a staff member, it lets you upgrade your account so it cant get hacked. So for me, i could upgrade my account, plop all my money in it, and have the max 255mil in less than a week.
Back to top Go down
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:37 pm

_Genesis wrote:
ATM's aren't a good source of money. Sure you get money for putting money into them, but that is SO op.. Even with a 2% interest You can make like 20 mil overnight depending on your bank account. But  people can spam ATM hackers and rape your bank account too.. So it's indifferent. If you're a staff member, it lets you upgrade your account so it cant get hacked. So for me, i could upgrade my account, plop all my money in it, and have the max 255mil in less than a week.
Aahhh. I didn't even think about interest. Thanks for 'splaining it to me Genny. I see how they could be abused. Still though, that being said, I might be able to think of some ways to counter-act that.
Back to top Go down
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Maybe you could buy ATM insurance and your ATM would be safe. And NPCs would be awesome
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:20 pm

neekoless wrote:
If we are gonna put cars in we would probably need a bigger map

*ION COUGHS LOUDLY*

*Ion whispers*

"new map..."

"bangclaw..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

*Chips coughs louder*

*Cough* Agreed! *cough*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATM's and npc's for the server   ATM's and npc's for the server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATM's and npc's for the server
Page 1 of 1