Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

First Organized Server Event

Go down 
+4
Briz
hieupham1999
x2lift
FunK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

First Organized Server Event Empty
PostSubject: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:56 am

Alright, I believe it's high-time for a server event.
We could use a server event that's already planned out over there in the News/Update section, or we could just make one up here on the spot. After we decide, we'll post an official event topic all about it and people can start replying to that one.

I think we should do a Juggernaut/Purge/Rebellion event, however the Rebellion one will be the most difficult one to manage. Your guy's choice though.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
x2lift
Operator

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:52 pm

A server event sounds fantastic. I can't wait XD
Back to top Go down
hieupham1999
Super Admin
hieupham1999

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 pm

The Rebellion! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com
Briz
Briz

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:25 pm

I say a SERVERWIDE war! Two classes! fitted with weapons at different spawn points... wait thats the tdm server oops. BUT WHY NOT
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:45 pm

I agree with Briz, a serverwide war seems like it would be *deep voice w/ echo* EPIC! Although I think that this should be more like a TF2 scenario, where you have multiple classes for two side IE: Police Sniper, Assault, Medic ect. and let's say Mob Sniper, Assault, Medic etc.
Back to top Go down
blasterdud97

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 pm

A war? Should building be allowed? I fear if building is allowed, that one guy would start prop-blocking everything. And I agree with KickButtYoda, let's have some classes going for this war! Heck, if Snackk has TF2, he can put up Dustbowl as the map or some standard TF2 deathmatch map.
Back to top Go down
Blade221
Gold VIP
Blade221

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:06 pm

If we go with a war, it should be a war over the sewers, the underground vs headhunters and eternal nightmare, i feel like that would be amazing
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:45 pm

blasterdud97 wrote:
A war? Should building be allowed? I fear if building is allowed, that one guy would start prop-blocking everything. And I agree with KickButtYoda, let's have some classes going for this war! Heck, if Snackk has TF2, he can put up Dustbowl as the map or some standard TF2 deathmatch map.

We have TF2 installed I think, so yeah we can change it to one of those maps. But it would be a pain in the ass to set it up.

Yeah, I can make some custom classes for the war as well. There will be ranks on each side, so like Rebel, Rebel Leader, etc. We'll try to make this as realistic as possible, to avoid a crazy RDM clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Should be awesome ! Make sure to add everything to Fast DL if any new models are involved. Fighting errors on top of an error inside of an error isn't ever any fun Smile
Back to top Go down
blasterdud97

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Snackk wrote:
We have TF2 installed I think, so yeah we can change it to one of those maps. But it would be a pain in the ass to set it up.

Yeah, I can make some custom classes for the war as well. There will be ranks on each side, so like Rebel, Rebel Leader, etc. We'll try to make this as realistic as possible, to avoid a crazy RDM clusterfuck.

How can there be RDM if it's a full-on war with only two sides? Sir, are you suggesting that people don't need to participate in the war when it happens? Like they can go on with normal RP while the two sides fight or so?
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 6:37 pm

blasterdud97 wrote:
Snackk wrote:

How can there be RDM if it's a full-on war with only two sides? Sir, are you suggesting that people don't need to participate in the war when it happens? Like they can go on with normal RP while the two sides fight or so?

Considering the map size and player behavior, many people would most likely be killed in the crossfire. And yes, people would not have to participate in the war. They can go on normal RP...however...that would be really restricted since most the map if not all of it would be used for the event.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Snackk wrote:

But isn't this supposed to be a server event? meaning that the Gamemode, rules, and so one are temporally postponed/changed. As long as we gave enough notice that something is happening those who don't want to participate would simply wait until the server is reverted to normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Organized Server Event   First Organized Server Event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Organized Server Event
Page 1 of 1