Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Server Idea/Update/Suggestion

Go down 
+2
SystemChips
xRAYZ3Rx
6 posters

Add stacker and change prop physics?
1. Yes, both.
Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_vote_lcap83%Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
2. No, leave it.
Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_vote_lcap17%Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

Server Idea/Update/Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 11:43 pm

I would like to see stacker tool added. It's helpful and I don't see why it's not on. Also, is there a way to change the way the props interact with world items? Like you guys know when you are building, you try to push a prop against the wall, or on floors, and it just shoots off and damages or prop kills whatever the fuck it wants? Can't you change that, that way it will also prevent prop pushing, prop killing. And would make building so much easier.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:25 am

I don't care for the prop physics idea, it can be avoided simply by freezing the prop and it also makes for some good laughs when you are building and your cell door flies across the room.
Back to top Go down
nelluc20
Founder
nelluc20

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 am

Stacker would be a godsend.
Back to top Go down
mimcczr1
Head Admin
mimcczr1

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:03 pm

I think the way the props fly is just a hitbox/collision detection issue with Gmod that can't really be avoided. I might be wrong, feel free to tell me if I am, but that's why I think it's the way it is.
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Stacker is the equivalent of Jesus dying on the cross when building with props
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:37 pm

The thing about stacker tool is that it makes it SUPER easy to crash a server

*spams props till you cant anymore* (mind you the prop limit is like 300-600 per player)
*unfreeze all props* instant crash

When i first met snackk and Neek on another server, it had stacker tool. It was very prone to crashes due to random mines joining and using the tool. Plus for some reason when the owner tried to nerf it or something it caused a mayor conflict in the lua files ( i think that is what he told me) and everyone's data was deleted.

I honestly think the server is fine without stacker and have voted no against it from the get-go. As for the physics of props, i know exactly what your talking about. Your props are *ghosted* when spawned and stay *ghosted* when you pick them up with your phys gun. on that note i would like to see how that would turn out
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Veedohhx wrote:
The thing about stacker tool is that it makes it SUPER easy to crash a server

*spams props till you cant anymore* (mind you the prop limit is like 300-600 per player)
*unfreeze all props* instant crash

When i first met snackk and Neek on another server, it had stacker tool. It was very prone to crashes due to random mines joining and using the tool. Plus for some reason when the owner tried to nerf it or something it caused a mayor conflict in the lua files ( i think that is what he told me) and everyone's data was deleted.

I honestly think the server is fine without stacker and have voted no against it from the get-go. As for the physics of props, i know exactly what your talking about. Your props are *ghosted* when spawned and stay *ghosted* when you pick them up with your phys gun. on that note i would like to see how that would turn out

I get what you are saying. But let me add this.
Really someone spamming the props with stacker isn't really any different to someone just spawning in props regularly.
And for the prop limit, some server that I played on before I was unjustly banned from had stacker and a sad 30 prop limit, once I hit the prop limit, I used stacker on one thing, and it still allowed me to place even at prop limit. So my guess it is technically like a ghost prop, that it doesn't exist but still interacts with things. Because I know when I use it, and others might have seen, that when you are using stacker, it will say a prop is ghosted sometimes, so maybe that backs up my theory. A suggestion is to make the stacker tool something that people who go on the server often and are on forums could apply for so only trusted people could use it. (I consider myself trustworthy with it, when I build I don't abuse, you could ask anyone)

For the prop physics, you can make it to where it doesn't bounce around. Even when you freeze it, it still won't stop exactly where it it limited to, it will force its way out and even push you. A lot of servers have it to where it doesn't act like ours. It will help preventing prop killing, prop surfing, and anything illegal with props (except for prop climbing of course). I don't know lua but I am sure you can just look in the coding on regular singleplayer, and see how it doesn't make props fly around (that would make building in gmod extremely difficult and aggravating. Then you could just  apply the coding to the server.

SystemChips wrote:
I don't care for the prop physics idea, it can be avoided simply by freezing the prop and it also makes for some good laughs when you are building and your cell door flies across the room.

[quote="https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u97"]

Same thing I told Vee.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Idea/Update/Suggestion   Server Idea/Update/Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Idea/Update/Suggestion
Page 1 of 1