Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

rp_venatorclass_darkmatter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shephard
Shephard

rp_venatorclass_darkmatter Empty
PostSubject: rp_venatorclass_darkmatter   rp_venatorclass_darkmatter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 12:56 pm

So i'm sure you all know of the map rp_venator_v3(link below). Well i am currently in the process of completely remaking the ENTIRE map. i will be reusing textures from the previous map, but will make them feel more unique to my mine.

This page is where i will be posting various updates on my progress, and what i plan on doing with the map further down the line.

Here is where you can help out in the creation of this map:

Feedback - Constructive criticism

+good - if you enjoy the addition

-bad - if you do not enjoy the addition

+/- neutral - if you are indifferent to the addition

Recommendations for edits - lets keep things reasonable

note: make sure you give a short reason why you chose one of the above

Rules for this topic:

1. lets keep the discussions to a minimum.

2. only leave posts that are relevant to the topic.

3. feel free to leave more than one post but try to keep it to a minimum, i don't want this cluttered

4. don't be toxic.

5. don't be Randy.

Links to other stuffs and things:

rp_venator_v3
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712282479

Dark Matter RP discord
https://discord.gg/DAzTHC

My steam profile
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198193310133/

My promo application for Dark Matter RP
null

What i'm working on:
-prob a cs:go map

Changelog:

Last edited by Shephard on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 am; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : ~changelog)
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/cgPfpg4
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: rp_venatorclass_darkmatter   rp_venatorclass_darkmatter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:01 pm

+ Support
You don't know how long I've wanted a new home map for the server the one we have now is all kinds of AIDs

Recommendation
Are you able to make the lighting brighter and more consistent? You know, so that we don't need a flashlight in the halls
Back to top Go down
Uzi
Uzi

PostSubject: Re: rp_venatorclass_darkmatter   rp_venatorclass_darkmatter I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm

+ Support
I love new maps, especially ones that have a special home on a certain server. rp_venator_v3 is a good map and all, but the textures are outdated, the map is somewhat unoptimized, there's secret rooms and teleporters that I just don't enjoy, and many other things.

Recommendation
What I would like to see is different textures, map optimization, maybe move the briefing room somewhere more convenient (Somewhere closer/in main hangar?) and maybe a Jedi room/Temple <3

I really am glad you're doing something like this. It means a lot to the players of Dark Matter, and I'm sure they'll be glad that they'll have a new home ship!

More recommendations

This could possibly be a long list, so don't be upset. You said make as many suggestions as I wanted, so I will.

Moving/rotating targets in the training room, maybe a button to press that makes them go to a stationary position/makes them rotate again.

Jedi Temple (You said you planned on adding it but I just like pestering you)

Moving the alarm/lights/main hangar buttons into a secluded area that you can only get to by noclipping, so new trolls cannot just make a break for the bridge room.

Adding a button that simulates the ship jumping to hyper space (plays an audio clip, maybe moves/changes the skybox slightly, etc)

Have the main hangar doors open by default. The top of the ship could be used for training for climb swep with the twin towers. Just a thought.

Move the briefing room to the Main Hangar/somewhere nearby the main hangar

Move the current brig to behind shocks desk, and move the engines behind that

Put a war room where the brig was (maybe some visual things, hologram of a planet, round table with chairs, whiteboard/drawing board, etc)

Reskin the medbay to make it look more futuristic/light (white/light blue colors)

Bacta tanks in the medbay (a chair that you lay down in, kinda like the HL2 pod, heals you slowly over time)

Back to top Go down
Shephard
Shephard

PostSubject: Re: rp_venatorclass_darkmatter   rp_venatorclass_darkmatter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 9:30 am

I've stopped working on the map for now, but if you are curious, its not dead. I'm going to be coming here, checking for recommendations every now and then, but I want to thank all of you for your contribution to the project.
Back to top Go down
https://discord.gg/cgPfpg4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rp_venatorclass_darkmatter   rp_venatorclass_darkmatter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Matter RP :: General :: Server Related Discussion-
Jump to: