Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Report of Curry (only requesting demote)

Go down 
+4
Uzi
Donaghy
killzone1902
blasterdud97
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blasterdud97

Report of Curry (only requesting demote) Empty
PostSubject: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I don't know if Curry has already "reported" me with those pictures he has of me. But I just want to disprove him and remove him from that Trial Operator job of his. I have video evidence of him telling the story and sassing me at the end.

The whole story was:
I was killed and was in spawn. Some guy asked me if I knew where a gun dealer was, so I told the man I could become a BMD and sell him even better guns. He accepted and I changed my job. I asked the man how much he had, he said 11k, so I gave him a free gun and told him to be on his way. I was basing with the LostGamers at the time and I walked back to our base, unaware that I was still a BMD. Upon arriving, Morath's reaction was "Oh hey a BMD, let's get guns from him... oh wait it's Snoipeh!" And we talked for a bit, and then they asked me if they could buy from me, and I accepted. I told them though, "I am a cheap sonofagun, meaning you ain't gettin' anything for free." And I sold them guns, as in the BMD job description. I then realized I never wanted to be a BMD, I just wanted to get back to my custom class. Whatever, no harm done. Again, I simply did my job and then I realized I never wanted the BMD anyway, I just happened to stumble on my group. I then get in an admin sit with Curry, who tells me he took pictures of my "self supplying" and then I told him my intention was originally to temporarily switch to a BMD to sell to that guy (whom Curry watched me gift) and then I stumbled upon my group... and did my job and sold to them. I then got my recording system (FRAPS) up and running and then I had my group present for Curry to retell the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpT8gYFbWg
Back to top Go down
killzone1902
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:13 pm

+ support he's been abusive since day one. this video is proof enuff
Back to top Go down
Donaghy
Operator
Donaghy

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 8:24 am

I was killed and was in spawn. Some guy asked me if I knew where a gun dealer was, so I told the man I could become a BMD and sell him even better guns. He accepted and I changed my job. I asked the man how much he had, he said 11k, so I gave him a free gun and told him to be on his way. I was basing with the LostGamers at the time and I walked back to our base, unaware that I was still a BMD. wrote:

First things first, you fail roleplayed by switching to Black Market Dealer purposely to sell to sell to one specific guy then switching back, second of all it would look from Curry's perspective that you were self supplying to you and your base but it seems highly unlikely that someone would forget that they switched to a job after just selling to another person but thats just me.

-Support

Last edited by Donaghy on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quotes broke)
Back to top Go down
http://3rdmd.net/
Uzi
Uzi

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 am

(Most of what I say here is going to be according to the video)

First off, I have a couple questions. Since when was it allowed for a BMD to be able to base with others (other than mercenaries, guards, other dealers etc.)? Because apparently "Kirito" thinks that is allowed, which I'm around 99% sure it's not. Could be wrong though.

Next, "Unless he has recorded proof, he can't do anything" (or something along those lines). This is DEFINITELY wrong. So you need recorded proof to kick someone now? What about all the prop killers, speed hackers, RDMers, etc. What if you don't have a recording system to get proof of it? Are you just going to let them run a muck in the server? No, you're going to do something about it. I know the situation here is not as serious as some of the ones I just listed, but you get the gist of it.

Sorry that you believe something needs to be done about this, but there just isn't enough proof in my opinion. The video shows nothing too significant (besides you running around and talking to and about Curry), and in the post you say you changed jobs to sell to one person *cough cough* FailRP *cough cough* Yeah, he might have gotten a little pissy near the end of the video towards you, but who doesn't get a little angry every once in a while?

-Support
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am

1. You have no proof. Other than part of a sit in which I cant even see what Curry said in chat! That video is just a recording of you talking to Curry, in which his point is completely valid(You may NOT go a BMD

2. Curry is Staff. Period. There is a reason he is. (Excerpt from Rules):  - Some rules are not explicitly stated, but are implied, or have been implemented but have not yet been added to our rules section. If an admin (make sure you know who is an admin) tells you something is against the rules, listen to them. If you think they’re making up unfair rules on the spot, record a demo and submit it as admin abuse on the forum, but you must still follow the rule until the dispute is settled.

What part of dont correct a staff member because they are ones that get the job for knowing the rules in the place dont you get? I dont want to seem like the bad guy here. But there is a reason why it says in the report abuse form that you need enough evidence. There is nothing here but a broken conversation in which Curry is completely in the right.

AND EVEN IF HE DID KICK YOU. What would that mean? You would lose some "hard-earned" virtual money you paid on guns and cash stashes. Seriously. This man worked for his job the right way, and you have no right to tell him what to do when you are in the wrong.

-Support

requestclose
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 am

Before you close this, I would like to point out that those are his classes default weapons. That would imply that he never personally used the weapons that he sold to the rest of group, making it a legitimate RP transaction.

Now I wasn't there, and do not want to take sides, but I do know for a fact that staff stick together for the most part (which is a good thing... mostly), but in this case it does make it difficult to put us to give an indifferent opinion. because if you notice the two non-staff both supported, and the staff negated. I feel confident that most If not all of you most likely knew which side you before clicking the topic.

Look at Curry's reasoning again. Although I feel that the demote that Snoipeh is requesting is harsh and unnecessary, Curry did judge with very much of his reasoning with the assumptions that this was intentional, and that Snoipeh ( who is a long time member of the server and does know the rules) knowingly break the rules and self supply when he has no need to because he already has a class with guns.

I don't think that there is a punishment for curry needed, But just a chat about what is and isn't usable evidence should suffice.

-\+ Neutral

I hope this doesn't come between myself and the other staff, but this is what I got from the evidence
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 pm

"Bmd are allowed to base with thief's and sell them weapons." that is the first line of this video and let me just say this ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

So you are trying to get one of our nooby staff that just got his staff ranking demoted.... I will say this that curry is a skype call with ME (headadmin) cosmo (admin) snackk ( your fucking overlord) neek (other overlord) big boss (Gamemaster) donaghy (mod) and nightmare (admin).

There are some many things wrong with this whole tread and this video has so much proof that I can legit find your steam id and ban you for about week now so krito ,snoipeh i cant see the other guys name because the shitty quality. but if i see him on he gets a week ban found him. edit* found him madmanrj22 your part of this also.

Enjoy douche bags you fucked up on this one.

STEAM_0:1:39915452  -  
Snoipeh

STEAM_0:0:52064134  -
Kirito

STEAM_0:0:84885004  -
madmanrj22

Last edited by Veedohhx on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 2:21 pm

"It was the law, and there could be no appeal."

-Tom Godwin
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Veedohhx wrote:
"Bmd are allowed to base with thief's and sell them weapons." that is the first line of this video and let me just say this ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

Black Market Dealer/WMD Dealer (Weapons of Mass Destruction Dealer) [Cannot Raid] [Cannot Mug] [Cannot Counter Raid]:

- Does not have to have a shop. But building a small shack somewhere discrete/selling in alleyways is encouraged.
  - May NOT use this class as a personal weapon supply. For your sake, don't get caught abusing it.
  - Does NOT have to sell to anyone!
  - WMD Dealer: BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SELL TO. IF YOU SUPPLY RULE BREAKERS YOU WILL BE PUNISHED AS WELL.
  - You may NOT scam!
  - You may only have a pistol/handgun for self defense if working with others, otherwise any weapon will do.

If he was a job besides BMD that would be self supplying. Self supplying for a BMD is supplying the BMD himself with weapons. He's allowed to base and sell weapons to his buddies, as long as he doesn't give himself a gun. The rules for BMD are vague, and will probably be changed in the near future, but for now BMDs are allowed to base with anyone and supply weapons.

That being said, what the staff member did was backed by upper staff so there isn't much worth arguing. I believe what both sides did was with valid reasoning and that it was my fault for making the rules vague. I don't believe any of the 2 parties should be punished in any way, it wasn't anything major like a ban or anything. A kick or two shouldn't be abuse unless in special circumstances. And from reviewing the video evidence it seems like both sides did the right thing. Nothing should be done at this point and everyone should continue living their lives. I will be editing the rules and hopefully be making them more clearer.

Why I said what I just said:

Look at the rules for Gun Dealer/Illegal Arms Dealer. They both have these rules:
  - May NOT be affiliated or part of gangs or organizations.
  - Can NOT have a gang/raiding base.

Now look at BMD. It is safe to assume that BMDs are allowed to have a gang/raiding base and may be affiliated and be a part of gangs.

EDIT: In summary, both sides right, me wrong. No punishment.

Topic has been locked.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report of Curry (only requesting demote)   Report of Curry (only requesting demote) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report of Curry (only requesting demote)
Page 1 of 1