Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

More tools?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Pedo Tree
The Pedo Tree

More tools? Empty
PostSubject: More tools?   More tools? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 10:27 am

Is there gonna be something like a stacker tool... Yes, yes, I know. "People already said this a bunch!" But I'm just wondering if any more tools will be added to DarkRP sometime? I hope so. <-----(Just a question)
Back to top Go down
Uzi
Uzi

More tools? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More tools?   More tools? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Doubt stacker will ever be added. Stacker is easily abused by those people who just come to DarkRP servers just to mess with the people on it, and or troll. I agree stacker is helpful, but adding it would be just giving others another chance to abuse it.
Back to top Go down
The Pedo Tree
The Pedo Tree

More tools? Empty
PostSubject: RE: Uzi   More tools? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 pm

It sais in console who uses the stacker tool and when so if someone is spamming go check it out
Back to top Go down
Uzi
Uzi

More tools? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More tools?   More tools? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

The thing is..Stacker can crash a server relatively fast. Say some troll comes into the server and just goes to the back of the map and spams stacker with a big/tall prop. Before you know it, server would crash. Someone would have to be actively watching console to make sure no one would do such a thing. Honestly, it's not that hard to build with precision tool and your phys gun, so I see no point in the stacker.
Back to top Go down
The Pedo Tree
The Pedo Tree

More tools? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More tools?   More tools? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 6:29 pm

While coding you can limit the Stacker to a certain amount of props, so if you were to set it to 1 and lock it you would be able to somewhat stop spam... (And with the help of Ghosted Props). I see the persicion as a very helpful tool. The stacker can make a wall slowly if set to 1. Before another server (that shall remain nameless) shut down I played on it for 2 years and it almost because I can't say never that would be a lie, had a problem with it. I was admin on this server so I had to deal with all kinds of shit like that constantly and if you do it just right you'll be able to, somewhat, Troll-Proof it... As I said, It says in console if (for admins/mods) if someone spawns props with stacker and if they spawn a lot at one time, well, check them out. But it was just an idea, the stacker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More tools? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More tools?   More tools? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More tools?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Matter RP :: General :: Server Related Discussion-
Jump to: