Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.

Go down 
+3
FunK
KickButtYoda
Uzi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Uzi
Uzi

So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. Empty
PostSubject: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 5:27 pm

From what I've heard today (also some of my own opinion) the downtown map we've been playing on forever it seems like, is pretty standard/boring. All other servers pretty much use the three main maps (downtown, evil melon, and bang claw). What is stopping us from being different? My favorite time in the server was back in December when FunK ran the server from his house and his family members were making the server lag. Why you may ask? Because the map caught my eye. Seeing the Christmas map made Do you even Doublelift ?? and myself think "Wow, this server is using a map that isn't the standard bang claw, evil melon, or boring downtown. Lets try it out!" Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks that the map makes a difference, or if FunK or Snackk or w.e is just too lazy to try/find new maps. Kind of wanted to know what you guys think about this. My personal favorite map is rp_retribution. I kind of want to know what your guys' favorite maps for RP, and if you would like to see some changes to the maps we use.

Also, I was not really sure where to put the post so I put it here lelelelel
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 am

I would be so down for some special maps

+++++++++++++ Support
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 3:33 pm

I will change it to rp_locality tonight. We'll see how it goes.

If KickButtYoda says it must be done then it shall be done.

Honestly there aren't a lot of GOOD DarkRP maps out there. There's like 24 versions of downtown, and everything else is either shitty or too big.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Uzi
Uzi

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Hey man, there is always room for change. Experimenting can be a great thing if executed correctly. Trying new things and reacting upon the communities response is..I don't know how to word it but yeah it sounds good. Glad to see the map change, and I hope for more in the future.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 4:50 pm

FunK wrote:

If KickButtYoda says it must be done then it shall be done.

Love you too babe  I love you silent 
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 6:39 pm

also, If locality doesn't work out, I found this map that I feel brings more of a futuristic and dark feel to our darkRP map. This map is 16MB, I don't know if that's too big or not but I thought it's worth checking out

http://gmod.gamebanana.com/maps/57939
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 8:45 pm

I need something off the steam workshop to ensure FastDL works properly. Anything off garrysmod.org or in this case gamebanana won't work.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:12 pm

This one's face has become saddened
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:36 am

Couldn't change it last night. Internet cut out.
Back to top Go down
Person
Gold VIP
Person

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Map change again? I haven't even got to play on the server with the downtown_v4 yet. I hate having no computer. I do have to agree with Uzi about how we don't use the generic maps on a regular basis. That's actually why I first got on to the server Razz. Oh and my favorite rp maps are rp_construct and rp_industrial17 (HL2 RP map)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076372261/
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Changed it to rp_locality this afternoon. Have fun peeps Smile

Most basing underground. Going to be fun being Head Hunter.
Back to top Go down
kevin420
User

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 pm

yea was haveing a blast with some guys when we where making a base superman keep trying to kill us as a headhunter but we do him first but the map is cool cuz of the underground but i think its too small on top. i think the Christmas map would be really cool to go bad to i had a blast with Uzi and Do you even Doublelift.
Back to top Go down
kevin420
User

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:07 pm

lol! my bad i said bad at the end its back* santa 
Back to top Go down
chameleon_claw
Founder
chameleon_claw

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:06 am

Map changes Map changes every where.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:03 am

I also have to say that the underground and above ground aspects to this are disproportionate... but is still a hell of a lot better than most RP maps. However, if\when you choose to change the map again, I did find that map on the workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132931674&searchtext=rp_c18
Back to top Go down
kevin420
User

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:24 pm

it looks like a really cool map and its fairly new so there might only be a hand full of servers that would be using this map. if u do change the map i think that would be a really kool map to play KickButtYoda
Back to top Go down
kevin420
User

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:33 pm

KickButtYoda i was looking at the link and in the comments a another rp server was having problems with the nexus cuz the door would not open from the out side only the inside and the author said that he fixed it in this link. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132937160
its the same map just he fixed the nexus with the door problem. i hope that this helps and that we could be seeing a map change soon.
Back to top Go down
Emzak7
Gold VIP
Emzak7

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:35 am

There's this map which i think is pretty cool: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144790780&searchtext= there is not much of an underground but it will be much different than other servers, and it probably wont hurt to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.   So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So today on the server, some people were talking about a map change.
Page 1 of 1