Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

How to catch a prop killer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

How to catch a prop killer  Empty
PostSubject: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:16 am

If you are online and no admins are on, no operators, no moderators, and a mass prop killer is on the loose.

How do you catch him? How do you know if he is the guy next to you, or that guy you based with? It could be anyone. I will give you a few tips on how to catch these prop killers.

First of all, there are a few types of prop killers.

After I discuss the types, I will give you the basic rules.

The Noob
-This prop killer is the easiest to catch and not so slick. Usually they join the server and instantly start mass prop killing or join and wait a while, see if they like the server, usually (but not always) will ask if any admins are on. ALWAYS BE ALERT WHEN SOMEONE ASKS IF AN ADMIN IS ON. SAY YES EVEN IF ONE ISNT, IT MIGHT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. He/she (if they are prop killing on our server assume it could be a boy or a girl, because only pussies propkill) should not be hard to spot and will usually be a lousy prop killer and leave props scattered around for you to easily look at and identify the owner of the prop.

The Troll
-This one can be clever or just down right stupid and can be caught eventually with a little patience. This one will most likely be the one who joins the server and either gets in a quarrel with another player or admin from earlier and will get revenge knowing that there are no admins on. They usually start with the admin calls and will claim RDM, RDA, propkill, etc. At first, try to help the person and actually see if there is a true rule breaker before assuming. If not and this person repeatedly calls propkill and others start to die of props and he will not, only occasionally to die from his own foolish game. If your suspect does die, watch him. Follow him. If he has any sense of intelligence he will not propkill you, if he is a troll and has his finger in his asshole, he will straight up propkill you while you are looking. Be sure to look at all times. Eventually he might get bored and leave. But whatever happens make sure you are sure it is the guy you suspect. You can usually smoke these guys out by annoying them a little bit. Don't be an ass, just get him agitated so you can catch him in the act.

The Pro
-This is the worst kind. The pro will be silent. He won't talk, and you won't see him on the server much. He might appear normal and innocent. But once the prop killing commences, he is clever, elusive and you must hold some respect for him. If you are sure this suspect is the prop killer, watch him. Don't say anything, make sure you get him. He will be good. These guys will usually have a binded key to spawn a prop in quickly. This prop killer will propkill and quickly delete his prop after, leaving little to no chance to trace the prop. If he is smart he will have invisible physgun beams and no halo. If he is the best, he will make his props invisible. But if he does, there is an opportunity to watch him spawn the prop in and make it invisible. This prop killer will usually stand in plan sight once a mass propkill accursed, once a lot of people die, he will stand there, watch, and wait for you to think it stopped. He might change his name. He might change jobs. He might seem to actually want to help you. He will be devious and good at it. He will cause the whole server to get aggravated, and eventually cause chaos. He I'll be the cause of job abuse, self supply, etc only because people want to defend themselves and will get pissed off at the slightest sign of annoyance. But every pro has a flaw. This prop killer requires patience, and integrity. He may cause destruction, and then just leave, not leaving a sign or clue. He is the good. Don't underestimate these guys. But I have a few tips.

1. If possible, start a demo or recording once it starts. If you get proof, and evidence, it will be needed. Make sure you take a screen shot of the tab menu once in a while, and make sure you get a recording of everything.
2. Any suspects, get their steam I.D. To do this, hold tab, click the name, and click in the steam id under the profile picture, and paste the I.D. Somewhere safe.
3. DO BOT BREAK RULES TO STOP HIM. The only time you should think about breaking the rules if you know it will stop him, allow you to confirm it is him, or if he is deep undercover and you feel it will provoke him to reveal his identity. Only do this if you can record you doing so, that way, we know you did not break rules just to break them claiming you did it because I said so.
4. If someone asks if an admin is on, say yes. No matter what, just say yes. Even if you are alone, say yes. Do not pose as an admin, but do not let the person ask know that there is or not one. Just say there is one on and nothing else.
5. Check the color of the physgun beam, and try to scope out those who have the same color. If the prop killer is good, he will either have an invisible one or change the color. If it is invisible, look for a black colored physgun. If he changes the colors, it will take time. 
6. Look for people with their physgun out. If possible, tell other to have their grab gun out or pocket only. It will be most likely that you might catch that one moment when the prop killer takes his physgun out to propkill.
7. Always look at props and make sure you can see the name. Once you get a prop owner name, check the server player list and get the Steam I.D.
8. Take screenshots. If anything looks suspicious and might look like something that can tell us of the propkiller, screenshot it. Use F5, not camera. Unless you feel the flash will instigate the propkiller, be stealthy.
9. Be a leader. Do not give up, stay clam and try to remind others to either play normal, leave if they don't want to be bothered, or lock themselves away. The more people you have that are calm and cooperative, the easier it will be. 
10. Do not disrespect the propkiller. Try to represent the server, if anything, try to talk to hm and let him know that he is making a mistake (use OOC or even pm if you think you know the person)
11. Everyone is a suspect, don't be biased. Yes you have a friend, but don't think he wont do it. "Commissioner Gordon: You're a detective now, son. You're not allowed to believe in coincidence anymore."
12. Don't give up.
13. If you have anyone who is a staff in your friends list, message them. Give them steam ids and let them know what is going on. Try to friend as many staff members if possible so in case this happens, you will let them know.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:39 am

Have some respect for the pro? Good one.

Overall nice guide. Well done.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:12 am

Yes, have some respect. As much as I hate them, you have to show some respect for the one's who can go unnoticed. Because the best ones only help us by finding out how they went unnoticed and help us by fixing it and coming up with a counter for it. I still remember the name of two hackers that got on one night and they RDMed the shit out of me. X3X3Josh. He has the website called x3x3hacking.com or something like that, because I remember they spammed OOC with their website. Go on Gametracker and look up the name josh and boom, look at his score. Hacks.
Back to top Go down
Donaghy
Operator
Donaghy

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 7:16 pm

I tested this guide today and its surprisingly accurate lol
Back to top Go down
http://3rdmd.net/
DGSVith
Dedicated Member
DGSVith

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 10:59 pm

The. There's the other one...

The Vith..
Does litteraly jack shit and walks around doing nothing. He then notices some friendly faces he recognizes. Spawns cabinet in then... Jumps on it... Quite the heart stopper he does with that close call then Rayzer comes by with shame on his face and looks at this man, waving his gun/body side to side signaling... To make it bigger.  Vith then spawns a huge ass grain silo In and jet plane and makes it appear the jet is crashing into it. All of this more than 10 stories tall. He then gets another signal. Side to side once more, now adding the word ," no, no, no" which means not big enough. Vith then Spawns in a water container and train bigger than the server map. Neekoless and veedo look in shock and awe as they realize... Where the fuck does he find these props... They then realize. Vith is not a human, nor a being. Just that fragment they have in their mind. That dark, envoluted fragment. Called...Propkill...

Scene.

Last edited by DGSVith on Sun May 25, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Speling)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dangamingstudios
DGSVith
Dedicated Member
DGSVith

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:03 pm

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

GG GG GG GG GG GG
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dangamingstudios
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:51 am

I am going to kill you if you even try to replicate this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to catch a prop killer    How to catch a prop killer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to catch a prop killer
Page 1 of 1