Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

EVENTS INFORMATION

Go down 
+16
plugmeinplz
-=KUA=-Vegeta
mettmatt
Sorren
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
tubs06
Veedohhx
RangeMeBlue
neekoless
Cosmo
_Genesis
FunK
xRAYZ3Rx
SystemChips
IonNova
Psyche
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Hunger Mod?
Yea! Better RP experience!
EVENTS INFORMATION  I_vote_lcap93%EVENTS INFORMATION  I_vote_rcap
 93% [ 14 ]
No! If I starve to death, that would suck!
EVENTS INFORMATION  I_vote_lcap7%EVENTS INFORMATION  I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

EVENTS INFORMATION  Empty
PostSubject: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:58 pm

If you would like to attend SeriousRP night, please respond (even if placeholder) so I can get a count and it can happen more quickly.
As of now, SeriousRP night is a thing that will happen soon.

There are a few things I need from you, the community.

1) Should the server be password protected, or just enforced strictly by a select group of admins?
            Pros of Password: Only community can join
                                     Know all RPers
                                     Less chance of Mingers (trolls)
                                     Little to no admin enforcement

Cons: May turn away non-registered community to server
                                     Password may leak out.
                                     We start off with potentially the most we get. (People will leave, fewer will join.)

Pros of Admin protection: Only max 2 at a time, and ones I know, so no admin abuse.
                                                                      Admins will know SeriousRP, will teach ones who don't understand.
                                                                      May get more community.

Cons of Admin Protection: One group may potentially ruin night.
                                                                                             Admins will not be able to RP at their time.
                                                                                             Server may get attacked

Personal Note: I prefer Admin Protection. If we can change the title of the server to "SERIOUS RP, Please ask how to rp or get banned/kicked" may deter some of the inexperienced RP members, but I also know the dangers. Community's call.

2) How serious should the server be?
       Scale: DarkRP, Real Life RP, Semi-Serious, Serious, HL2rp Serious

3) Please fill out this character selection sheet, keeping in mind that it is set in HL2
         -Character Name (First and Last)
              -CORRECT: Male | 23 | Clean City 18 Clothes | Skinny Build | Scar over right eye | Red Wristband Right Arm|
              -INCORRECT: A 25 year old male that used to be in the military and wants to join the Resistance
              -INCORRECT: An Ex-military with a load of weapons, ready to kill any CP.
         Please make sure this DESCRIBES YOUR PHYSICAL CHARACTER. There should be nothing about personality or backstory. This is what people would notice first meeting your character.
         - VERY BREIF BACKSTORY

4) Would you like to be Combine (Combine includes Foot Soldiers, CP, Dispatch, Administrator to City, and maybe other things), Citizen, Resistance, or Black Market. NOTE: As a citizen, you may get the chance to be medic, General Store Salesman, Construction Worker, etc.

5) What classes should be allowed? Please know that all custom classes, Head Hunters, AnCo, Hitmen, and all other classes such as those will not be accessable.
                    Medic, General Store Owner, Gun Dealer, and other Cannon jobs will be provided.
6) Right now, the accessable jobs with be Citizen (default), Combine (after me and Snackk approve future applications in a forum post), Resistance, and one Resistance Gun Dealer. What other CANNON jobs would you like to see? (Meaning what jobs that would exist in the HL2 universe would you like the opportunity to roleplay as?
7) I need outside jobs done, would you like to be...
          a) Builder (Combine checkpoints, Rebel outposts, scenery, etc.)
          b) RP tutor (Please be ready to teach HL2rp standards, at least)
[b]Cool Would you like to have all groups in Skype Calls? (Citizens will Skype with Citizens, Rebels, and BMD while CP skypes with other Combine)

Last edited by Kakairen on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:59 pm

1) I think having the admins enforce who gets on will keep them way too busy to let them RP. Password protection all the way.

2) Name: Ionis Novii

Description: Older looking, Scar down his left cheek, Healthy and well fed, hair turning white, is not weak, slightly muscular, City 17(Im not sure what Im trying to say here, but like a wealthier citizens kinda clothes?)

Backstory: Ionis has lived in City17 all his life with little contact to anyone but his "family" in apartment 12. When he started to get older he thought that the city needed something to believe in, something more. So he founded a new religion based out of a small apartment(Brett seems to have guided me towards Nihilanth).

3) Citizen: Specifically, A Head Priest(Pope) of a religion(Nihilanth?)

4) I think Underground Society is going to need to be the resistance. Hobo should work in somehow, if you work it right they could smuggle secrets and act as a middleman between the Combine and Resistance.

5) So no regular DM RP classes allowed? I'd say there needs to be a system of ranking among the combine, and a jumbled chaotic ranking system of the Resistance. There needs to probably be a black market dealer along with a regular gun dealer. I'd like to see some jobs pertaining towards a characters backstory, I.E: If someone's story is they used to smuggle, I'd say make a smuggling job.

6) Hunger mod would definitely make the serious rp really stick!

Last edited by IonNova on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed according closer to HL2, Since I have no idea what im doing)
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:09 pm

(In response to answer 1) I, for one, will gladly take a few hours to admin myself. And I am sure that if we get at least 4 other people I can trust, they wouldn't mind swapping out for each hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:26 pm

You are not allowed to be over the age of 60. At that age, the Combine will Amputate you. There can not be Hobos since the Combine enforces housing for all of their citizens. There is a such thing as Rogue CP and Rogue Resistance though. Also, citizens can (and should) report anything they find to CP. SO Hobos are not needed/cannon. I will see if I find anything cannon about religion so you can have a "church:. It might have to be Combine Propoganda though.
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:36 pm

I dont know a lot about the Half Life world apparently. Time to read up!
Back to top Go down
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:39 pm

1. Password Protected, I dont believe new users will know what to do and will ruin it.

2. -Name Cam Tavares
-Age 24
-Physical Description: A man who isn't completely fit but still could do some heavy-lifting.
-Very Brief Backstory: A man who is finished with college and doesnt know what to do, So we starts to stand up for whats right.

3. Resistance

4. They all seem good just not head hunter.

5. Not sure what Cannon is but what you have is fine.

6. YES
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:43 pm

System- Your physical description is not correct, please refer to the original message to see format.
I will further message you about Resistance.
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I am going to have to do some extreme Half Life 2 research and probably watch some walkthroughs and some HL2RP before I make my character.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

It isnt going to be as serious as a HL2rp server.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Hmmm, are we able to pick/choose the backstory/main cannon (At least later on)? Or is the first one going to be set in the Half Life universe?
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 am

Select your cannon and base your character information off that.
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 3:19 pm

1) Should the Server Be password Protected? - Yes. Too many 8 year old people will minge/ etc.

2) Character Name - CCA-XRAY.05-222 
Age - Unknown, Looks about 23-24 through the armour.
Description - Tall Female Unit l Heavy Kevlar l Rank 5 l Zipties on belt l Stunstick in Holster l mp5 holstered l Radio Earpiece in helmet.

3) Combine

4) Citizens, Combine(CP), BMD, Medic (Loyalist?), General Store owner (Slum Lord?)

5) Seen Above (Question 4)

6. Yes, Hunger mod. Makes it realistic.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Genesis, I will ask for your help regarding how we will carry out SeriousRP since you have the most experience I have seen. Message me when you are free (hour or so) and we can discuss some things further.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:35 pm

The original message has been updated, please look again and edit your forum post as needed.
Back to top Go down
Cosmo
Administrator
Cosmo

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 pm

1) Should the Server Be password Protected? - Yes.

2) Character Name - Jack Gof
Age -90's
Description - |Gray Hair| Silver Eyes With A Pearl White Pupil|Hawaii Clothes|Cane In Right Hand|Combine Veterinarian Badge On Left Arm|

3) Combine

4) Citizens, Combine, BMD, Hobo

5) Seen Above (Question 4)

6. Yes, Hunger mod. Makes it feel real Very Happy
Back to top Go down
neekoless
Super Admin
neekoless

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 pm

1.) Yes i think it should be password protected because we sometimes get a surge of trolls and that can completely break the immersion even if it is only semi-serious.

2.)Character Name: Tamas Cabel

Description:  Male Around 5'11 Black hair fair complexion with a slight asian stubble with violet eyes, has square reading glasses and is 168 pounds.  As a last thing he is not very strong.

Back story:  Tamas is from a well off family and was sent to school to be educated where he excelled at all his studies and his cunning did not go unnoticed.  Quickly he became friends with a combine official and was able to become a compound official who oversees the secret police and "cough cough" disappearances. His interests lye in scientific progress and religious fervor.  From his dealings in secret police Tamas has learned many things about the resistances and is sometimes sympathetic to some of their leader though not all, and of course he is sure to keep his mouth shut about these sympathies.

3.) Combine

4.) If we get hunger mod we should put in a food distributor or stall merchant to sell food.  Other classes maybe could include loyalist citizens who will support the combine no matter what, smugglers to try and steal things from combine compounds or get items from the wealthy to give to the poor/resistance.

5.) Having skype calls for each group would be nice you just need to make sure everyone has good mics and is able to talk over skype or is willing at the very least. Also you would have to mabye worry about slight meta gaming through hearing what your fellow team mates are saying and using that to your advantage or going to the areas where they are being shot at with having no way in the rp world to know that.

Last edited by neekoless on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Please keep in mind everything that I post are my own personal opinions. These are not facts and should not be treated as the final decision.

1) Yes password protected. This is a server EVENT, we aren't changing the whole server to serious. I can change the title though to suite our needs.

2) I would like to try out Real Life RP, but Half Life RP seems appealing too, although there are plenty of Serious HL2RP servers.

3) Matthew Lee -
- Early 20's, to be specific 23.
- Male | 23 | 6'1 | Clean but ruffled black collared long sleeved shirt over a clean white T-shirt | Medium Build | 2 scars over chest, one upper and one lower | Gelled slicked back medium length black hair |
- Due to hard times, Matt dropped out of school for a futile attempt to find a job. With no parents/guardian, Matt wandered the streets looking for any work. Finally he got hooked up with this man on the outskirts of the city, in the slums. He was given a package to be delivered and instructed to drop it off on some back entrance to a warehouse and leave immediately. Doing these jobs, Matt was able to feed himself and buy some nice clothes over a small period as these jobs grew more and more dangerous but profitable. - Placemarker because I'm tired. Actually no, I'll finish it later if I have to, otherwise I'm leaving it at this.

4) Black Market (Or some illegal dealer)

5) None, I can make custom jobs per person.

6) Uhh...maybe some third party jobs? Like...I know it's mainly based around the Resistance and Combine, but maybe like...some other faction could be added to spice things up?

Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 am

A new message has been added to the original post. Please look at it and respond accordingly. Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RangeMeBlue
Gold VIP
RangeMeBlue

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:46 am

1) Password Protection: Absolutely.

(Application)
Name: Nic Samuels
Desc: |6'1|195 lbs|Blonde Hair|Blue Eyes|Average Workers Class clothing|
Backstory: A loyal man. Drifting from city to city. Nothing and no one he calls his own.
Desired Job: Combine, CP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On all other decisions I am open to anything. Hunger Mod would be a nice addition.
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 am

1) Should the server be password protected, or just enforced strictly by a select group of admins?
Password.
Interested in Real Life RP and Serious. Is there a difference? If so, what is it?

3) Please fill out this character selection sheet, keeping in mind that it is set in HL2
-Blake Bowers
- Male | 22 | Black clothing, black cargo shorts with a knife strapped to his right leg, black designer military hoodie, hazel eyes that when you look at them they look as if they could kill, dirty blonde hair cut short, pained look on face with a strong hint of anger and rage | Normal size, 6'2" Very fit | Strange tribal tattoo on neck | Military grade watch on right wrist |
- Blake lost his family and his little brother and sister to the combine during the attack. He was very young when this happened and his uncle who worked for the combine took him up and raided him and trained him to be a professional killer for the combine. He is trained in most master arts, and is quite fond of his blade. When he finds out his family wasn't actually killed but taken by the combine, he is enraged and he kills his uncle in anger, he then escaped and is on the run. He vowed to go back and kill any and every combine officer and find his family. He will not stop at nothing.

4) Resistance. I know custom classes aren't available, but I want to be a resistance with a knife, light or medium Kevlar and maybe a speed boost? I want to be an agile soldier but really only use my knife.

5) Drug Baron maybe? Could be a good smuggler .
6) Anything.
7) I wouldn't mind being a builder. Just tell me what to do and I will see how I can make it happen.
[b] I think that would be a good idea, but I think we should keep it realistic and have only game chat. CP and combine maybe, since they could have walked talkies and stuff.
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Kakairen wrote:
Genesis, I will ask for your help regarding how we will carry out SeriousRP since you have the most experience I have seen. Message me when you are free (hour or so) and we can discuss some things further.

Will do buddy. <3
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Is there going to be a map change with this? I feel like evilmelon wouldnt quite do justice to this.

I was thinking something like this:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171962560&requirelogin=true

Or this:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150899249&requirelogin=true

Those would both be kinda good maps for serious rp.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 6:40 pm

I asked Snackk if the event could the held the night the new map is loaded. Kinda as a celebration and to get everyone acquainted with the new map
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:51 pm

What? New map? WHAT?
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 pm

Honestly its a toss up for me. I do like the idea of taking shifts on admin-ship

Scale: DarkRP, Real Life RP, Semi-Serious, Serious, HL2rp Serious

I do enjoy HL2rp serious, forces people to get in to the character

-Character Name:  Cara Reed
        - Physical Description
                               Female | 28 | Clean City 18 Clothes ( Red if that's allowed)| Compact Build | Scars all across the body | blond hair that is kept up in the traditional French braid| 5 feet 10 and 1/2 inches tall
         - Occupation   Citizen (ears for the combine)

- VERY BREIF BACKSTORY
               Parents were resistance officials , that abandoned her during a combine incursion to save their own life's. Combine took her captive for most of her teens for integration and torture to see if she knew anything about the resistance. Some time around 22nd birthday the combine let her free on the terms that she is to report any and all resistance activity she finds out.

As for the skype thing sure i got nothing against it. And builder i guess for an outside job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVENTS INFORMATION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next