Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Very Mild Super Powers

Go down 
+14
Psyche
RangeMeBlue
SystemChips
zunhunter
Sorren
KickButtYoda
Veedohhx
cybersnake00
IonNova
FunK
neekoless
hieupham1999
Donaghy
_Genesis
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

Very Mild Super Powers Empty
PostSubject: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 am

So rather than the "I would have GOD power" this game aims to have people think of novel, interesting, quirky, stupid, embarrassing, shameful, silly.... etc you get the idea super power and these kinds of powers cannot be used to be superior to that of another person.

So what would a very mild super power be? Well here is an example. "When I go to someone elses house, I instinctively know the location of the utensils drawer in their kitchen." or "I can mind read the first word a person will say when I meet them the first time that day".
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:23 am

Ill start.

The ability to see timers above people's heads with their names and the exact date and time that they will die.
Back to top Go down
Donaghy
Operator
Donaghy

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:42 pm

I would want the ability to see 30 seconds into time.
Back to top Go down
http://3rdmd.net/
hieupham1999
Super Admin
hieupham1999

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:42 pm

I would want the ability to see though things. ( open dat refrigerator)
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com
neekoless
Super Admin
neekoless

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm

To be able to zoom in and out with my eyes like a camera.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:20 pm

The ability to dream walk and to be able to CONTROL lucid dreaming, so like, uber lucid dreaming. (Technically not super powers but #420yolo)

For the people slow in the head: lucid dreaming is where you can control your dreams because you know you are dreaming.

So, if I could dream walk and control my dreams, I could go into other peoples dreams and fuck their dreams up. I would literally become your worst nightmare, but my best fantasies. <Insert evil laugh>
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:16 pm

The ability to see a number above someones head saying how much they like me on a scale of 1-MyMother-10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
cybersnake00

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:16 pm

That first one is totally from Death Note, but it would be a pretty cool power.
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:51 pm

The book series im reading a dude has that power snackk. He is a hell bent madman on world domination and wiping all magic from the world by any means necessary.

As for me id love to have the ability to tear the fabric of reality and expose the world to the endless void within its self
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 1:16 am

Veedohhx wrote:

As for me id love to have the ability to tear the fabric of reality and expose the world to the endless void within its self

Technically speaking, the term "the void" is a philosophical word representing the manifestation of nothingness. Now, talking about nothingness, you would have to talk about something to talk about nothing, in this regard. Therefore already your statement has a clause that somebody could say something that would make nothing something as I just did.

Now, you wish to tear reality. However, reality is a BELIEF. What do you need for belief? People. Now, if you wanted nothing, which would mean you would get rid (tear) reality, you would first have to obliterate anything that posses the ability to BELIEVE. This includes humans, me, you, hieupham, Obama, and pretty much all life as we know it. Then again, one could argue that inanimate objects can think, and therefore believe, but I'll save you the time and mind fuck and not go down that road. So basically YOU want to tear reality and expose the world to nothing. But to do that, you would have to kill every single thing that "exists" where you will be alone (In your mind since you would have to rid of your body) with LITERALLY NOTHING and then you would literally put the world in absolutely nothing. However, it wouldn't just be the world, it would be everything, which in this case would be nothing. So everything became nothing but since you're still something it wouldn't really be nothing, so your wish cannot be granted because the something that you are is not nothing and unless you are suicidal after you made something that was everything nothing then this is just a wish.

"Is anything real" - "Do we exist"
This is a question we will all ask ourselves one day. And this relates to your statement. And so begins a discussion...

Science/reason cannot prove convincingly that you do not live in the matrix. The mind is all that you have. The final stop of all information is “you”, you are alone in your own brain. Which makes it impossible to prove that anything else even exists. It’s called the egocentric predicament. Everything you know about the world out there depends on and is created inside your brain. Charles Sanders Peirce (scientist) decided to draw a line between what he calls the phaneron and real world.
Phaneron – the world as filtered through our senses and bodies, our only information. You live in your phaneron, not reality. The belief that only you exist and that everything else is figments of your mind is Solipsism. For example, there is no way to convince a Solipsist that the outside world is real. Also known as metaphysical solipsism.
Realism – Belief that outside world exists independently than your own phaneron. Everything would continue to exist even if you weren’t around to experience them. You can’t know realism is true, all you can do is believe.

Also, according to particle physics, you can't expose the world to the void because atomic physics has FAILED to prove that the world has derived from NOTHING. So if something didn't come from nothing, then you logically couldn't make nothing out of something unless you broke every single law of physics and defied the conversation of mass and energy.

Now that I've killed like 15 minutes time to go eat food and go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:38 pm

I'd just like to point this out

_Genesis Wrote:
this game aims to have people think of novel, interesting, quirky, stupid, embarrassing, shameful, silly.... etc you get the idea super power

why did you have to get all technical on me :/
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:18 pm

I had 4 AP tests the next day. I needed to find something to procrastinate on. I chose you <3
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am

Haha ahhh.. this is why we love you Snackk.

I would have the power to hear people like a tv. I could mute them, pause them, fast forward, or rewind them while they're talking
Back to top Go down
hieupham1999
Super Admin
hieupham1999

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:51 am

Snackk wrote:
Veedohhx wrote:

Technically speaking, the term "the void" is a philosophical word representing the manifestation of nothingness. Now, talking about nothingness, you would have to talk about something to talk about nothing, in this regard. Therefore already your statement has a clause that somebody could say something that would make nothing something as I just did.

Now, you wish to tear reality. However, reality is a BELIEF. What do you need for belief? People. Now, if you wanted nothing, which would mean you would get rid (tear) reality, you would first have to obliterate anything that posses the ability to BELIEVE. This includes humans, me, you, hieupham, Obama, and pretty much all life as we know it. Then again, one could argue that inanimate objects can think, and therefore believe, but I'll save you the time and mind fuck and not go down that road. So basically YOU want to tear reality and expose the world to nothing. But to do that, you would have to kill every single thing that "exists" where you will be alone (In your mind since you would have to rid of your body) with LITERALLY NOTHING and then you would literally put the world in absolutely nothing. However, it wouldn't just be the world, it would be everything, which in this case would be nothing. So everything became nothing but since you're still something it wouldn't really be nothing, so your wish cannot be granted because the something that you are is not nothing and unless you are suicidal after you made something that was everything nothing then this is just a wish.

"Is anything real" - "Do we exist"
This is a question we will all ask ourselves one day. And this relates to your statement. And so begins a discussion...

Science/reason cannot prove convincingly that you do not live in the matrix. The mind is all that you have. The final stop of all information is “you”, you are alone in your own brain. Which makes it impossible to prove that anything else even exists. It’s called the egocentric predicament. Everything you know about the world out there depends on and is created inside your brain. Charles Sanders Peirce (scientist) decided to draw a line between what he calls the phaneron and real world.
Phaneron – the world as filtered through our senses and bodies, our only information. You live in your phaneron, not reality. The belief that only you exist and that everything else is figments of your mind is Solipsism. For example, there is no way to convince a Solipsist that the outside world is real. Also known as metaphysical solipsism.
Realism – Belief that outside world exists independently than your own phaneron. Everything would continue to exist even if you weren’t around to experience them. You can’t know realism is true, all you can do is believe.

Also, according to particle physics, you can't expose the world to the void because atomic physics has FAILED to prove that the world has derived from NOTHING. So if something didn't come from nothing, then you logically couldn't make nothing out of something unless you broke every single law of physics and defied the conversation of mass and energy.

Now that I've killed like 15 minutes time to go eat food and go to bed.

#mindtothefucked
Back to top Go down
http://www.instagram.com
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Wat
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 pm

_Genesis wrote:
Haha ahhh.. this is why we love you Snackk.

I would have the power to hear people like a tv. I could mute them, pause them, fast forward, or rewind them while they're talking

The mute part is possible lol , its called "selective hearing" or so I've been told. i get bitched at alot so i kinda learned how to muted people <.<
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:27 am

Perfect voice imitation, I would prank call the shit out of EVERYONE.
Back to top Go down
Sorren
Sorren

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:20 pm

_Genesis wrote:
Ill start.

The ability to see timers above people's heads with their names and the exact date and time that they will die.

DEATH NOTE REFERENCE RIGHT THERE!!!
Back to top Go down
Sorren
Sorren

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Me? I would have the power to start a bar fight brawl anywhere i wanted. And stop it at will so i could be revered as a hero and get alll the lady friends.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:31 pm

And if you're the one getting beat up and face smashed in? Not so heroic...
Back to top Go down
Sorren
Sorren

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Snackk wrote:
And if you're the one getting beat up and face smashed in? Not so heroic...
Well to be honest... This really wouldn't even need to be a super power. It's called steroids.
Back to top Go down
zunhunter
User
zunhunter

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:06 pm

I would love to have the power to make a male's reproductive stick erect!
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Thats ummm <.< ya that can be done
Back to top Go down
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:28 am

I would have the power to curve and shape the direction of where I were to throw something. It would be pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
_Genesis
Operator
_Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 am

I would have the power to spit any kind of drink out of my mouth on command, "AY! GENESIS! MOUNT'N'DEW ME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Mild Super Powers   Very Mild Super Powers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very Mild Super Powers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next