Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]

Go down 
4 posters

Add Hit Marker Numbers addon back in?
Yes
Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_vote_lcap90%Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 90% [ 9 ]
No
Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_vote_lcap10%Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Okay, to test for server crashes we've removed Hit Marker Numbers Addon. However, some players want it back in, but others don't.
So, here's how we're going to do it. If Yes gets 70%-80% then we'll add it back in.

What is the Hit Marker Numbers addon? Every time the server registers damage dealt to another player, the damage pops out. So if you hit them, it will tell you how much damage you dealt. It doesn't spam the chat because it shows it on the opposing player's body. Basically a really nice damage indicator addon that doesn't lag or have any other harmful aspects to the server.

Pros:
You can tell how much damage you do.
You can tell if you even hit them.
Tactical advantage.
Really cool to have.
YOU CAN DISABLE IT BY YOURSELF WITH A CONSOLE COMMAND

Cons:
"UnRP like" (Unrealistic)
Annoying
Laggy (Not really, but some claim it to be)
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
cybersnake00

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:17 pm

I actually think it would be better to not have it, simply because if you hit someone you can look at their health and do some quick mathematics, but when you have it, you can tell that someone just got reduced to 12 hp after sniping them, but you shouldn't be able to see their health. For people who need exact numbers, I think it is best to know how many body, or head shots you'll need with a gun before they're dead, that is, without armor.

-Edit* Sniping as in, you're too far to actually see their health and probably using a sniper where you scope and will be able to see that number pop out.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Well, if that really bugs you, you can disable it and RP with it that way, however, to address your opinion, we'll postpone acting upon this until more votes have been added. We were originally going to add it back in tonight. We'll see how the community feels. Thanks for your feedback.
Back to top Go down
neekoless
Super Admin
neekoless

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 pm

I the 10% minority shall DESTROY YOU ALL! for wanting hit markers back! lol jk have fun vote for what you want Smile
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 pm

I don't understand why you don't want them back in.

There is a server command that I can issue that will disable the addon...as well as clientside commands to disable/edit the addon to YOUR liking, as well as a highly customizable serverside editing tool that allows us to change EVERYTHING. Instead of showing numbers, we can just make it say Hit! just to let people know you hit them.
Back to top Go down
cybersnake00

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:26 am

The HIT idea is actually really good, also, I wouldn't be upset if it was in, but I would prefer if it wasn't; mostly for RP reasons, I can't say it irks me or anything. It just allows people to do what they realistically shouldn't be able to do. For example, if you have a high powered pistol like the Desert Eagle, you should be able to assume the amount of damage you're going to do, and if you're close enough, you can SEE how much damage you did. If you are too far away to see the HP, you shouldn't know that they are actually at 90hp and you've been hitting them in the foot, that should be your analyse and you should determine how much damage you did based on more obvious things, rather exact numbers.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 am

Well, keep in mind here is where armor comes into play. If you're far away and you snipe someone, you can tell how much damage you did, but you don't know how much armor and hp, or even if they even have armor.
Back to top Go down
cybersnake00

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 am

I'm pretty sure that if someone is using armor the numbers still show, but they aren't necessarily correct, so people would have to make assumptions anyway, which is why I didn't really mention armor. Though, I think most people, or the common raider usually doesn't have armor, but people in more organized gangs or groups look more 'geared', so you can usually guess who has armor and who doesn't. I do remember when I first started playing though, we were getting raided by a couple of guys and I was down the street sniping, and looking at the numbers, I killed them; I didn't know about armor and thus the hp I thought they should be at wasn't the same as it really was at. I'm not trying to convince you to side with me though, your opinion is yours, keep it. Other people should vote on this poll, it is like 50/50 I think, not sure if you include yourself in this poll.
Back to top Go down
mimcczr1
Head Admin
mimcczr1

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 pm

I actually use the addon when I'm playing on sandbox, I think it'd be extremely useful and since it can be disabled client-side, nobody gets annoyed(?).

(I also like the pretty flying numbers and colours...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]   Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Add Hit Marker Numbers back in? [Poll]
Page 1 of 1