Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Scaling the Medical Systems.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dark4327

Scaling the Medical Systems. Empty
PostSubject: Scaling the Medical Systems.   Scaling the Medical Systems. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am

Ever since the introduction of the Medic Mod. There has been a lot of controversy around it. And now the time for discussion has been prompted, so im weighing the pros and cons of each system.

The Old Medical System

The old system was much more simple compared to the new system. There was no wait time before respawning, medics only had to hit you with a defib to pick you up, and they got paid for it. Medics also had the ability to heal themselves with the Medkit.

Pros

-Players do not have to wait to respawn.

-Medics who revive get paid CP for each revival.

-Revival is far less complicated.

-Medics can sustain themselves (medkit self heal).

-Medics revive more often because people die more and because medics want that revival CP.

Cons

-Non PK events become mass casualty dive missions where players will often throw themselves into danger with no fear of death since death offers no penalty.

-Medic's job is simplistic and 1-dimensional.

-The "Semi-Serious" RP goes semi over serious, pretty much tossing RP out of the window.

-System promotes RDM since players can just be revived or respawn instantly.

To summarize, the old system is better from the players standpoint. But almost all RP related to medical suffers greatly due to the systems lack of detail.

The New Medical System

The New Medical System added many new props, items, and mechanics that heavily changed the way players viewed death and injury.
Players are penalized for dying and the process for revival was made longer and more complicated.

Pros

-Adds many new items in that make medical jobs seem more immersive, adding to the RP.

-Events become more serious since players wont be diving into swarms of enemies and dying as often as with the old system.

-Medics are more likely to receive recommendations since their job can actually be very stressful and difficult.

-Reduces the amount of RDM since people don't like being dead for 3 minutes.

-Medic's job is far less 1-dimensional and simplistic.

Cons

-Players must wait a minimum of 180 seconds when they die. (Used to be longer)

-Medics no longer get paid for revival.

-Medics can't heal themselves with the medkit.

-Learning how to use the new equipment can be difficult for new players.

-Revival is a longer, more complicated process.

To summarize the new system, Players have to be smart about how they handle dangerous situations since death means waiting to respawn or be revived. Death and revival seems more realistic, albeit at the cost of being slightly more complicated. Although most players would prefer quick revives/respawns, the new system improves the server from an RP standpoint.

In my opinion. I would prefer the New System over the old one. Admittedly, when the server first switched to the new system it had its problems (bleed, longer death time, medics having to spend money on equipment) but after fixing the issues the system was much more enjoyable for me. I personally like that the new system adds a lot more to the RP than the old system did. Also I didn't like the idea that medics got paid CP for smacking someone with a defib and calling it a day. It would make more sense if medics got paid for what they do now for revival, but not for clicking on someone once with a defib.

+New if you prefer the new system. +Old if you prefer the old system. Try to explain why you prefer either system if you do comment.
Back to top Go down

Scaling the Medical Systems.
Page 1 of 1