HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Share | 

Some 104th Ideas and a Question.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dark4327

PostSubject: Some 104th Ideas and a Question.   Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Throwing out another post here sharing some more thoughts and suggestions for the 104th Battalion.

1st Suggestion- Give 104th members the ability to purchase armor batteries, price-wise I would say make it around 3-5 CP since armor batteries restore 15 armor a piece.

Why have this? As of making this post, I have not seen any battalion that can restore armor to players. And while armor doesn't seem like that much, it is definitely a great asset for every soldier on the battlefield, as it reduces direct damage dealt to health. This would shift 104th to playing a more supportive role when out of tanks.

2nd Suggestion- Give the 104th Lightning, and Wolf trooper jobs the ability to purchase ammo crates containing grenades (for the plasma grenade). Pricing would range from 35-40 CP for a shipment of 10 grenades.

Why have this? Grenades are overall an excellent weapon to have in large fights or in close quarters but ammo once exhausted is hard to come by. Giving the 104th Lightning, and Wolf trooper jobs the ability to purchase grenades would be a good way to have 104th members stand out more

Why only Lightning and Wolf? I feel like since grenades are harder to come by, only jobs that in an RP sense have more prestige would be given access to them since as stated before grenades aren't as common as regular ammunition.

3rd Suggestion- Give the 104th Mechanized, Lightning, and Wolf jobs the Drones Rewrite "Repairer" (weapon_drr_repairtool).

Why have this? This would give 104th members a way to keep their drones in the fight longer. As drones are (in my opinion) one of the major things that the 104th battalion has access to. It also isn't completely OP either as the weapon has almost no range at all and most commonly would require that the person flying the drone to stop flying the drone to repair it.

4th Suggestion- Give 104th Mechanized, Lightning, and Wolf troopers the ability to purchase Drone Upgrades/Ammo. Prices would vary here but most upgrades would not be cheap, for example putting a mini healer on the drone would cost 50 CP where something like an upgrade to the drones zoom would only cost around 25 CP. The prices would be based on the usefulness of the upgrade being purchased. AI upgrades and drone ammo would be around 25-30 CP.

Why have this? As previously stated, I see drones as one of the main things that the 104th battalion has access to (aside from tanks and rolling). Being able to upgrade drones would however give them a greater use on the battlefield and make them a valuable asset, albeit at a somewhat high price. As for ammo, if the drone is actually being used the ammo can be depleted pretty quickly. Being able to replenish drone ammo isn't super high priority but it would be a useful addition.

One downside to upgrades and ammo is that they have to touch the drone to be used. This isn't really a problem but it can be annoying to have to fly your drone into an upgrade to use it.

As for my question, why can't the Wolf trooper purchase drones like Lightning and Mechanized trooper? In the description for Wolf trooper it states that "You are given access to advanced drones." So I wanted to know why Wolf doesn't have access to any drones at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shephard

PostSubject: Re: Some 104th Ideas and a Question.   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm

+support
overall i agree with what you put together here. But i think other battalions could use more work first. It would probably make more sense for doom to be able to buy grenades, but the battery idea is cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://discord.gg/cgPfpg4
VonVitten

PostSubject: Re: Some 104th Ideas and a Question.   Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:15 pm

+support I just want 21st to get the shoulder chain gun from STBF2 we even have the weapon but I can agree with most of what your saying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some 104th Ideas and a Question.   

Back to top Go down

Some 104th Ideas and a Question.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Matter RP :: General :: Server Related Discussion-
Jump to: