Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

That horrible map day...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

That horrible map day... Empty
PostSubject: That horrible map day...   That horrible map day... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:11 am

So... What exactly happened to the map? I was on the morning it happened, and when I first joined around 8 or so the map was fine. But then all of the sudden, it broke. Scatman had joined a while after I did and it was working fine, but he then called me saying to. At that time I realized my prop began bobbing and stuff and said in OOC that my prop was bobbing up and down. And he said same here. So I tp'd him to me and we tried to figure what was going on with the map. Every prop bobbed up and down and feel through. Any physics prop was no collided. I wasn't too aggravated because I finally had more freedom with props since they would bang everywhere, but then I thought. what if printers fall. So I spawned in a topaz to be safe. Sure enough that fucker fell. Even if you have another prop under it, it will fall. I knew that would be a huge issue and hoped that leaving and rejoining would fix it, thinking it was a client side script that me and scat were going through, so we left, but it still was messed up. So I thought I would share my story on how I discovered it and let you know if it happens again, there isn't a noticeable change or whatever that it happens. Like the server didn't lag, it just happened. But I would like to know what exactly caused this, how did it happen, and how was it fixed? A simple map restart? Would lagging the server to crash it and restart it fix it, so if no admins are on, and operator or even a player could fix it.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Aedrone12
User
Aedrone12

PostSubject: Re: That horrible map day...   That horrible map day... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 am

That just sounds horrible. Has it been fixed yet or still waiting?
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: That horrible map day...   That horrible map day... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:16 pm

It has been fixed. It was just weird, it was like the prop would bob up and down like if the ground were water then eventually fall through.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: That horrible map day...   That horrible map day... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I connected later on, that shit was weird Shocked Question 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That horrible map day...   That horrible map day... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That horrible map day...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Matter RP :: General :: Server Related Discussion-
Jump to: