Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads

Go down 
+2
nelluc20
KickButtYoda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads Empty
PostSubject: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:20 pm

I have just been noticing that it doesn't really help much as people aren't supposed to know you have a hit ( if role playing correctly) and that whenever someone walks by with this sign above his/her head everyone around takes notice and leads to a lot of meta-gaming.
Back to top Go down
nelluc20
Founder
nelluc20

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:28 pm

+support we shouldn't know that they are looking for someone.
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:30 pm

+support I agree... And maybe have a valid RP reason for hits. People just call hits for no reason these days. I suggest you have to /writenote and put reason you want your hit dead, then have the hitman sign the note written by the person giving the hit. Like if someone wanted to kill a hobo because he is on your property and throwing bugbait and stuff, you could write the note, request the bit, get the hitman to sign and pocket the letter, and then after give the note to the person you killed.

Last edited by xRAYZ3Rx on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing)
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:50 pm

That would get rid alot of meta gaming for sure. But that seems like a bitch to code or might be a permanent default setting in Darkrp itself. This is something you could attempt to research to give snackk a helping hand since he is our development team.....
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Wait. Who are you talking to? I can do research just on what? The removing hit accepted or letter?
Back to top Go down
Veedohhx
Head Admin
Veedohhx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:31 pm

The hit accepted above the hitman's head
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Oh. Well I guess I can try to look into that? I have no idea how to code and stuff...
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:53 pm

That is actually part of the actual code for DarkRP. Editing it will probably fuck shit up. There are other hit systems we could use. For instance, the old school letter system.

Use /write to spawn a letter/paper. Then edit the paper to say "Kill [playername]" or something of the sort. Then you sign the letter/paper. Then the hitman POCKETS the letter and issues out the hit. However, this system requires the hitman to /advert Hit Accepted. and /advert Hit Completed.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm

That's what I was trying to explain! Thanks Snackk, I don't know. It's up to you Snackk.
Back to top Go down
RangeMeBlue
Gold VIP
RangeMeBlue

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 2:36 pm

I agree this is a pretty annoying thing. Especially when there are people who love to Meta-game
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:07 pm

GM.Config.hitmanText = "Hit\naccepted!"
Can you just have "" instead of "Hit\naccepted"
I don't even know if this is the correct code or default.
Back to top Go down
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Hate to bump... But maybe even remove the "Press e to request a hit" people are still able to tell you have a hit. Do what you did for the hit accepted, whatever. I know this isn't as big of an issue as the the random server crashes... But still... Suggestion.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:08 pm

If we removed press e to request a hit, we wouldn't be able to tell who was a hitman/whatever.

Also, it wouldn't matter. If the hitman has a hit, the hit menu will pop up. If he doesn't, it won't. Can't be more obvious than this.

No point to remove the feature that helps guide new players/etc.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads   Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove "Hit Accepted" sign above Hitmen's heads
Page 1 of 1