Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

EVENTS INFORMATION

Go down 
+16
plugmeinplz
-=KUA=-Vegeta
mettmatt
Sorren
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
tubs06
Veedohhx
RangeMeBlue
neekoless
Cosmo
_Genesis
FunK
xRAYZ3Rx
SystemChips
IonNova
Psyche
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Hunger Mod?
Yea! Better RP experience!
EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap93%EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 93% [ 14 ]
No! If I starve to death, that would suck!
EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
tubs06
User
tubs06

EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:04 pm

1.  Should server be password protected? Yes

2. -Character Name Matthew Smith
        - Age 30
        - Description | Height 5"12 | Weight 180 pounds | Eye Color Blue | Hair Color Brown | Hair    
Length Short | A tatto of a sunstick on left arm |

How Serious? Really Serious.

3. Class: Combine

4. Allowed Classes: Combine, Citizen, Rebel, BMD, Hobo

5. Seen above

6. Hunger mod would be really good.
Back to top Go down
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:59 pm

1. Password protection sounds great, and less trouble for admins.

2. Name: Wombato Sadinzki (Sah-den-ski)

3. Age: Late teens, early adult-hood

4. Description: A blond male, short cut hair. Not buff, not scrawny. Tattoo sleeves down both arms, full of common tattoo trash. Doesn't look healthy. Pale and sweaty all the time, his arms are shakey. Blue-ish white eyes, almost 1000 yard stare in them. Is from Evo-city.

4.5. Was born in Evo-city, grew up there, and hung out with the wrong crowd. He was tied down by his friends, and they forced heroin into his body. Ever since, he'll do whatever he can to get some extra drugs. After his friends drugged him, he moved away, hoping to escape his habits and friends, although he took one of those with him. He now has a small house in the ghetto, and spends most of his days in alley's begging for some buyers to try a few ounces of some new drugs hes been trying to sell. Has no family in the immediate area.

4. Black Market/ Drug Dealer

5. DJ Club Manager, Mayor, Thief, Underground Society, Terrorists

6. Drug Barons, Humans fighting for the Combines, Resistance medics, scientists, weaponry researchers.

7. Nah, I'll just stick to my alleys.
Back to top Go down
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm

IonNova wrote:
1) I think having the admins enforce who gets on will keep them way too busy to let them RP. Password protection all the way.

2) Name: Ionis Novii

Description: Older looking, Scar down his left cheek, Healthy and well fed, hair turning white, is not weak, slightly muscular, City 17(Im not sure what Im trying to say here, but like a wealthier citizens kinda clothes?)

Backstory: Ionis has lived in City17 all his life with little contact to anyone but his "family" in apartment 12. When he started to get older he thought that the city needed something to believe in, something more. So he founded a new religion based out of a small apartment(Help me here with names, still trying to read about HL2).

3) Citizen: Specifically, A Head Priest(Pope) of a religion(<Help me here)

4) I think Underground Society is going to need to be the resistance. Hobo should work in somehow, if you work it right they could smuggle secrets and act as a middleman between the Combine and Resistance.

5) So no regular DM RP classes allowed? I'd say there needs to be a system of ranking among the combine, and a jumbled chaotic ranking system of the Resistance. There needs to probably be a black market dealer along with a regular gun dealer. I'd like to see some jobs pertaining towards a characters backstory, I.E: If someone's story is they used to smuggle, I'd say make a smuggling job.

6) Hunger mod would definitely make the serious rp really stick!
Gabe... Cult of Nihilanth. They believe that Nihilanth will come back from the grave after Gordon Freeman killed him in his trip to Xen, and come to Earth to kill all Combine, and Humans. They worship him in order to please the non-living being, so that he will have mercy on their souls.
Back to top Go down
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm

I so hope thats legit... If it is... thats whats up...

Cultic Pope of Nihilanth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 10:33 pm

IonNova wrote:
I so hope thats legit... If it is... thats whats up...

Cultic Pope of Nihilanth!
Its not in HL, but Nihilanth was the last boss of HL1, and was kinda like the head honcho
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:48 am

As of now, there are 12 people. Myself included. Do you guys really think that this is enough people to RP with? Cause this is about what we get if we password lock the server.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:35 am

Kakairen wrote:
As of now, there are 12 people. Myself included. Do you guys really think that this is enough people to RP with? Cause this is about what we get if we password lock the server.
I just think we need to advertise it more, because not everybody on the server goes on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Sorren
Sorren

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:48 am

1. Yes
2. Character Name - Alphonse Kreval
Age- 24
Description- 5'7 l Long straightened black hair l Blue eyes l Long Black Trench coat l Black Fedora l (You can see what model im wanting.... the godfather model <3 l skinny l male
3. Resistance
4. what cosmo said.
5. ^^
6. ^^^
Back to top Go down
SystemChips
Gold VIP
SystemChips

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:59 am

1) Should the Server Be password Protected? - Yes

2) Real-LifeRP

3) Character Name - George Hampton
Age -27
Description - |Dark Brown Hair|Red T-Shirt|Dark Blue Jeans|Tattered, Worn Sneakers|Handgun in pocket|Lucky wristband on his arm|

4) Resistance

5) Citizens, Combine, Hobo, Underground Society as Resistance (Going off what Ion said)

6) The hunger mod would be great.

7) I'm not good at building nor know much about SeriousRP but I can try help building and I will just follow others during SeriousRP until I understand. All the teams in skype calls is a good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
mettmatt

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:00 am

1) Should the server be password protected, or just enforced strictly by a select group of admins?
         I think a small group of admins that are very active and know what they are doing.

2) How serious should the server be?
       Semi-Serious

3) Please fill out this character selection sheet, keeping in mind that it is set in HL2
        -Character Name: Chase Young
        - Physical Description: male|black hoodie| a bit muscular | long hair | scars on chest | Red toboggan | Used to be a scientist of black mesa |

4) Would you like to be Combine (Combine includes Foot Soldiers, CP, Dispatch, Administrator to City, and maybe other things), Citizen, Resistance, or Black Market. NOTE: As a citizen, you may get the chance to be medic, General Store Salesman, Construction Worker, etc.

I would like to be combine (maybe Dispatch)

5) What classes should be allowed? Please know that all custom classes, Head Hunters, AnCo, Hitmen, and all other classes such as those will not be accessable.
                   Medic, General Store Owner, Gun Dealer, and other Cannon jobs will be provided.

hobo, BMD, Combine

6) Right now, the accessable jobs with be Citizen (default), Combine (after me and Snackk approve future applications in a forum post), Resistance, and one Resistance Gun Dealer. What other CANNON jobs would you like to see? (Meaning what jobs that would exist in the HL2 universe would you like the opportunity to roleplay as?

Maybe a spy that can work for anyone. It can infiltrate home/checkpoints and it can disguise

7) I need outside jobs done, would you like to be...
         a) Builder: I am a very good builder
Back to top Go down
-=KUA=-Vegeta
User

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:15 am

1) Yes There Should Be A Password?

2)Charater Name - Ryu Eva
Age - 20's
Description - [Short Hair Black With Blue Tip Highlights]Black Ninja Clothes]Black Watch Right Hand] Blue Sun Glasses]

3]Thief

4]Citizens,Thief,IGD.Hobo

5]Question 4] ^^^^^

6]Yes Much More Realistic] Smile
Back to top Go down
plugmeinplz
User

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:22 am

1) Should the Server Be password Protected? - Yes

2) Real-LifeRP

3) Character Name - Phillip Jillian
Age -69
Description - |Grey Hair|Tie Dyed Hippy Shirt|Grey Pants|Tattered, Worn Sneakers|Handgun in pocket|Scar on his left cheeke|

4) Resistance

5) Citizens, Combine, Hobo, Underground Society as Resistance (Going off what Ion said)

6) The hunger mod would be great. (like SystemChips)

7) I'm all right at building but I am slow. I all so think being in skype is a good idea like SysteCHips said.
Back to top Go down
KickButtYoda
KickButtYoda

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 pm

1. Yes
2. Character Name - Kaidi Rundi (Kay-dee Ruin-die)
Age- 21.454541966
Description- 5'11 l short brown hair l orange shades l tactical harness l holsters w/ pistols inside l male
3. Resistance
4. Citizens, Combine, BMD, Hobo.
5. Seen Above (Question 4)
6. yus
Back to top Go down
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 pm

See? Told you all we needed to do was advertise.
Back to top Go down
Chaotixguy
User

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:53 pm

1) Should the server be password protected, or just enforced strictly by a select group of admins?

In my opinion it should be password protected.

In my opinion it should be Semi-Serious.

3) Please fill out this character selection sheet, keeping in mind that it is set in HL2
        -Character Name: Ryan Locker
        - Physical Description: Male | Age 24 | Blue Jeans | T-Shirt | Scar on right eye | Black Hair | Blue Eyes | Sneakers
        - Backstory: In Ryan's younger age he was very curious, he was playing with a stray cat when the cat suddenly scratched he in multiple places. Over time they healed, but one remained. It was the scar on his right eye. Later in life, Ryan became hunter, but he thought the job didn't fit him. He then decided that he would study up on guns, and become a gun dealer in the city.

4) Would you like to be Combine (Combine includes Foot Soldiers, CP, Dispatch, Administrator to City, and maybe other things), Citizen, Resistance, or Black Market.  NOTE: As a citizen, you may get the chance to be medic, General Store Salesman, Construction Worker, etc.

I don't understand this question all that well, but I'd like to be apart of the citizen if it allows the chance to be a type of salesman. (Gun Dealer Wink)

5) What classes should be allowed? Please know that all custom classes, Head Hunters, AnCo, Hitmen, and all other classes such as those will not be accessable.

Along with the already provided classes, I think there should be the Hobo class.

6) Right now, the accessable jobs with be Citizen (default), Combine (after me and Snackk approve future applications in a forum post), Resistance, and one Resistance Gun Dealer. What other CANNON jobs would you like to see? (Meaning what jobs that would exist in the HL2 universe would you like the opportunity to roleplay as?

As stated before, I think there should also be a Hobo.

a) Builder (Combine checkpoints, Rebel outposts, scenery, etc.)
I don't think I'd like an outside job, but if I had to build, I think I'm okay.
         b) RP tutor (Please be ready to teach HL2rp standards, at least)
I know the basics to RP, I think I could show people who don't the basics.

[b]Cool Would you like to have all groups in Skype Calls? (Citizens will Skype with Citizens, Rebels, and BMD while CP skypes with other Combines.

I think this idea would be great, for certain groups. For example in real life the cops have walkie talkies to stay connected while general store owners do not.
Back to top Go down
dogshawk2
User

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:25 pm

I think that it should be be an even balance of the two things.Ex. There would be a password but it would still have an admin checking on it every so often.

I don't think it should be hardcore RP nor just everyone killing one another, It should be a balance between the both.

-Character Name: John Heart
       - Physical Description: Male | Age 22 | Tall | Slim| Brown Shaggy Hair | Green Eyes
       - Back story: When John was young his father sold guns to anyone who wanted them.The threat of being found always loomed over their minds. When his father was killed John knew that he would have to continue the family business even if it meant risking his own life.

4) Would you like to be Combine (Combine includes Foot Soldiers, CP, Dispatch, Administrator to City, and maybe other things), Citizen, Resistance, or Black Market.  NOTE: As a citizen, you may get the chance to be medic, General Store Salesman, Construction Worker, etc.
I'm afraid I don't understand the question but if it helped the Role play then it would be fine.

5) What classes should be allowed? Please know that all custom classes, Head Hunters, AnCo, Hitmen, and all other classes such as those will not be accessible.
I think more government and neutral jobs should be made.

Eh none really I would like the jobs as they are now.

I don't think have I would be a good builder but I could build some.
I know the basics for role-playing and could help those in need.

[b]Cool Would you like to have all groups in Skype Calls? (Citizens will Skype with Citizens, Rebels, and BMD while CP skypes with other Combines.

I think this idea would be great, for some groups like the goverment.
Back to top Go down
dogshawk2
User

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:02 pm

If you did add the hunger mod you need to add a class that can sell fod or other goods.
Back to top Go down
MORTAMUS978
User

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 pm

I do not think that the server should be password protected

Semi-Serious

-Character Name: Marshall Knuckolls
      - Physical Description: Male | Age 23 | Tall | Slim| Light Brown hair | Brown Eyes
      - Back Story: Marshall was a very average boy with a very average life, untill the accident. Marshall witnessed his father dead on the floor and his Mother raped and killed after. Scince that day he decided that he wanted to stop all this kind of crime, so no one would feel the pain that he experienced.

I would like to be SWAT or a general CP

5) What classes should be allowed? Please know that all custom classes, Head Hunters, AnCo, Hitmen, and all other classes such as those will not be accessible.
I think more government and neutral jobs should be made.

None right now

I don't think have I would be a good builder but I could build some.
If it comes to it, Builder

I think this idea would be great, for some groups like the government.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 pm

So are we cool with instead of a Serious RP Night we instead release the new Serious Half Life 2 DarkRP? We can do both still, and I hope we do this later, but with the new server being developed...

What do you guys think, do Serious RP night now or postpone until after we launch Half Life 2 DarkRP and figure out what to do then?
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
xRAYZ3Rx
xRAYZ3Rx

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:57 pm

You can do whatever you want to baby.
Back to top Go down
https://darkmatterroleplay.forumotion.com/u126
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Snackk wrote:
So are we cool with instead of a Serious RP Night we instead release the new Serious Half Life 2 DarkRP? We can do both still, and I hope we do this later, but with the new server being developed...

What do you guys think, do Serious RP night now or postpone until after we launch Half Life 2 DarkRP and figure out what to do then?
Whatever is best for the server.
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Either one won't hurt the server, just asking which one do you guys want to do sooner? Release HL2 DarkRP server sooner or do Serious RP night sooner?
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Beep Beep Im a Cloud
Gold VIP
Beep Beep Im a Cloud

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 pm

Snackk wrote:
Either one won't hurt the server, just asking which one do you guys want to do sooner? Release HL2 DarkRP server sooner or do Serious RP night sooner?
If thats the case, RP Night would be more enjoyable in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Psyche
Prosecutor
Psyche

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:24 am

I think that the event should be the night the server opens.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaptainProsecutor
IonNova
IonNova

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Dayum... played some HL2 RP recently... dayum... me likey... me want DM HL2 RP right meow
Back to top Go down
http://www.hitbox.tv/IonNova
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVENTS INFORMATION    EVENTS INFORMATION  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVENTS INFORMATION
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2