Dark Matter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Matter Role Play Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Dark Matter RP Forums! [Most recent update: 6/26/14]

Looking to appeal my ban!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Etherdude
User

Looking to appeal my ban! Empty
PostSubject: Looking to appeal my ban!   Looking to appeal my ban! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:34 am

In-Game name you were using when banned: Etherdude

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/POOTISPOWHAHA/

How long you were banned and the reason stated for the ban: I don't know, but I'm guessing a perma. Reason was most likely RDM.

If known, who banned you: I think one of the admin's name was Hieu and another was Genesis. Not sure who it was, for sure.

Why you think the ban was unfair: Well the ban was probably FAIR, but I do have my reasonings. First off, I'd just like to say I am still pretty new to DarkRP. You can check my Gmod hours, and even then, most of those hours are from TTT. Now, I know this isn't a viable excuse at all. I just wanted to say I AM still a bit new on some aspects and rules of DarkRP. Anyways, down to the dirty stuff. In the server there was a biiiiiiig raid on the Police Department. I took part in it and killed a bunch of cops and bla bla. Eventually Genesis showed up with his machine gun, aiding the police. Shit went down, people died, etc, etc. So after awhile I got on top of one of the roofs and started scoping out the police department. I saw a police officer and shot him dead. THEN I saw Genesis walk up to the PD, so I proceeded to shoot and kill him. Next thing I know I'm jailed. I'm like, "What...?" Then he starts dragging me around, thinking he's abusing powers or something. So I just shoot and kill him again. That's that. Next thing I know I'm jailed AGAIN. I got annoyed and just left the server. One thing I ABSOLUTELY hate is power abuse. Only later, after I left the server, did I realize my kills were probably considered RDMing and I was being jailed for that reason. But I am still very confused. Was I not allowed to shoot OUTSIDE of the police department? Was the raid over? (If it was I had NO idea). But for any reason I just wanted to apologize for whatever it is I did do wrong. I didn't mean to RDM. If you can check the logs, you'll see I only killed police officers and Genesis. That should be it. I was in the server for a few hours, doing nothing wrong until whatever it is that happened went down. Sorry for the huge text, but also thank you for taking your time to read it.

Have you reread the server rules? (yes/no) No. Where can I find them, exactly?
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Looking to appeal my ban!   Looking to appeal my ban! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:43 am

Sorry, that's not the correct Steam ID, to find your steam ID, go into a random multiplayer game and go into the developer console. Then type "status" (Without the quotes) and you'll find your steam id on the list that pops up.

You can read the rules in the F4 Menu, where you choose your job or whatever, it's to the right, it's labeled rules. Or you can read them here on our forums under News/Updates.

I believe the ban was somewhat fair, however, hieu would've had to been the one to ban you since only him between himself and Genesis that has the power to ban. However, since you don't know it is evident the ban reason format was not properly followed. I believe both sides did something wrong, Genesis shouldn't of been displaying his powers in public (Random physgun in public), however, you shouldn't of shot/killed him as it was obvious it was an admin situation. Worst thing he could've done was get you banned and you only helped give him another reason to ban you.

You will be unbanned once you give us your actual Steam ID (Which looks something like STEAM_0:1:127373) for the reasons of fail admining on our part and your honesty. However, keep the rules in mind next time, as we are quite strict to keep the environment fun for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Etherdude
User

PostSubject: Re: Looking to appeal my ban!   Looking to appeal my ban! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:20 am

STEAM_0:1:21479020

That should be it I think. And thank you, I really appreciate it. I won't do this again. Smile
Back to top Go down
FunK
Premium Member
FunK

PostSubject: Re: Looking to appeal my ban!   Looking to appeal my ban! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 am

No problem, user has been unbanned.

Topic has been locked.
Back to top Go down
http://darkmatterrp.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to appeal my ban!   Looking to appeal my ban! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to appeal my ban!
Page 1 of 1